The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..so I am on this quest for a new dive watch, as I have stated earlier.
I just can't justify spending 500.00 on a Sumo...though they sure do look awesome.

If I am going to mod a watch I saw one from Harold at Yobokies that I really liked.(007k)
I started thinking that perhaps a SRP043k with a different dial might be the way to go( Can't wrap my mind around the 12,3,6,9 on the dial)
So please let me know any pro & cons with these two movements.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers,
Phil

· Registered
209 Posts
I have experience with both the 7S26 and 4R15 movements as I've owned many a SKX007J, SKX007K and the latest SRP043. In my opinion both movements are very reliable. I have found the power reserve longer on the 4R15 at 58 hours and 20 minutes (on average as I tested it three times) and it does run more stable, accuracy wise over a 24 hour period. My SRP runs well within chronometer ratings.

Dave

· Premium Member
6,103 Posts
minidriver said:
4r15 and 4r16 are better finished movements all around and they use Spron 510 mainspring that extends the power reserve to 50+ hours.
Not all around, only in the rotor and the part of the back plate visible through a display back. the rest is still stamped and unfinished, and AFAIK, for the most part stock 7s. I'll give you the mainspring material though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.