The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the new GUI and tons of confusion on how/where to find things, how to turn off the endless barrage of notifications that come in when logged in, etc. we only had 12 active threads here in the Main Forum that had any activity in the last 24 hours.

Hopefully everyone adjusts, learns the new ropes, and gets back into active participation again.

I mean Neilio not showing a WRUW not THAT's a sign for sure :)

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Could just be working our way around the new forum trying to figure things out.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I hope this is not a sign of what is to come
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
It's not unusual when change happens. Let's all keep plugging away and do our bit to make it work.

·
Administrator
28,560 Posts
Guys just seem to struggle with change, every time there has been a change to the forum there has been lots of hand wringing and wailing and guys throwing strops etc etc etc but "normality" then sets back in and when you think whats going on in the world a little change in software on a forum is very insignificant really.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
It’s either Wristsushi than or using Tapatalk for SCWF. And John with uttermost respect this „change“ just sucks. It was a BIG change for the worse. Compared to what’s going on in the world right now doesn’t hold up, because there is always something that can be thrown into the race just to relativize something. Like there is always someone who is running faster than me, yes but that doesn’t mean you don’t should at least try to be the fastest. Look at the forum now, nothing left of the friendly place for Seiko lovers. It’s just another sterile watchforum. Yes we all will get used to it because we have no other choice, but deep down at our hearts we all know that it just sucks!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Do you think there's any chance at all of getting the watches at the top of the page changed to "our" kind of watches.
They look like they were chosen by someone who had never been to the old SCWF.
Or even, god forbid, get the old forum banner back. People might feel a little bit more at home then.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think people are still getting to grips with the new format.

I had a bit more trouble posting pics myself.

·
Registered
767 Posts
One of my favourite things was SCWF when I walked in the door. After a day of doom and gloom, fractured family and a world going into meltdown, we have to adjust to this.

Well it's going to be the last thing I am going to contend with. Stay healthy everyone and if you do contract this proxy virus, fight hard and stay alive!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Change is never easy. I am trying to do my part to contribute to his forum daily. One of the features that has made it a bit easier for me was changing to Dark Mode. The contrast seems to be easier for me to deal with than Light mode. You can try this feature out by clicking the three dots in the upper right of your screen and selecting Dark Mode.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I too like the dark mode. I’ve been doing this on my Pixel on any site that will allow, Y! mail, etc. for a while now being able on the iPad and real computer is a huge bonus.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts