The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 6218-8950 is from 1965 and has a 35 jewel movement. The case is very thick and very unique. This watch keeps excellent time at -3 secs. per day. It was just sent to Randall for a new crystal. I love the simple, clean dial. Anyone have any interesting info. on it??

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Gorgeous and stunning and fabulous! Everything about it is class.

Seiko could learn a thing or two from this when it comes to the design of some of their more outlandish modern ranges. Save the crazy quirky artistic flourishes for the casebacks, where they belong. Not mentioning any names!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
That is a very elegant dial and case! A "pre-Ananta"? ;)

ssseiko said:
This 6218-8950 is from 1965 and has a 35 jewel movement. The case is very thick and very unique. This watch keeps excellent time at -3 secs. per day. It was just sent to Randall for a new crystal. I love the simple, clean dial. Anyone have any interesting info. on it??

·
Registered
25 Posts

"Seiko could learn a thing or two from this when it comes to the design of some of their more outlandish modern ranges. Save the crazy quirky artistic flourishes for the casebacks, where they belong. Not mentioning any names!"

hear,hear!
;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I love its simplicity and clean lines. That one would look great under a dress shirt or something more casual. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chan, great pics!!! I love that 6206. That really looks cool!!! I think you posted those when I posted this about 3 months ago. Sweet collection!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts