The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is another Seiko diver project. I started to really like these models and so ended up selling some other more expensive watches to dedicate more time to do projects with these. I am not sure of the base model since it came to me already modded with different dial and hands, but it had a sapphire crystal which was interesting to me. The crystal is slightly domed and very nice looking overall.

I was able to find an original set of dial and hands for the Seiko SARB049, in truth not my first choice being that the hands are yellow/orange color but it was available so I decided to try. The watch already had the red bezel and I also decided to keep it on for a bit and see how it would work together. Not too bad in my opinion...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the kind words guys. I try my best not to copy others and be as original I can with my projects, although I normally use mostly off the shelf Seiko parts...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the kind words, interestingly I was not too happy at first, but after a bit the color combination kind of seem to work out well, at least for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The strap, bezel, dial combo works very well. It almost looks like a specialty military watch form a movie.

·
Registered
180 Posts
This one looks really good.

Me: "WRUW while drinking?"
Quotron: "If I do it right.... nothing."

Me and my watches on IG: eyy_ron

1 - 18 of 18 Posts