The Watch Site banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have to remove an odd number of links from a bracelet, do you guys remove the extra one from 12 o'clock or from 6?
I remove an extra link always from 6 because watches tend to gravitate towards the 12 o'clock side on my wrist, but I am not sure now if that is the right way to keep the watch balanced.

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
LUW said:
Yep! The goal is to keep the clasp, when closed, exactly below the watch head when you hold the watch by the case.

I disagree- the goal is to make the watch feel as comfortable as possible on the wrist. Because of the asymmetrical cross-section of most wrists (thicker on the thumb-side compared to the pinky-side), having a shorter 6-side combats the tendency of the watch to slip to the outside (pinky-side) of the wrist- which makes viewing hard and also subjects the case to more unintentional knocks. Faced with an especially asymmetrical wrist cross-section and always having my watch slip to the outside, I am working on making my wrists more symmetrical. Will post results ;-)

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
It really depends on yoru wrist and how you like to wear your watches. I personally find that I like my clasps with the release sligly closer to the inboard curve of my wrist, so on most seiko bracelets I find that I remove an extra link or two (depending on bracelet length), from the 1200 side of the bracelet, and usually only a couple from the 0600 side.

·
Registered
87 Posts
With a 7.5" wrist, I almost always have to remove 2 links. I remove them both from the 6:00 side since this seems to balance the watch on the top of my wrist the way I like it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hmmm, interesting. I thought I was the only one with gimped wrists causing my watches to migrate outward (to 12). I guess it's normal anatomy?lol ;D Took a look at what I did to my SKX009 bracelet. Six links at 6 and eight links at 12. Looks unbalanced when the watch is on the night stand, but sits perfectly for me on the wrist. Good luck with your adjustments.

Curt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.