The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, the Tyre fitters at work were all presented with a cheap quartz watch from Dunlop. It would seem that they have managed to sell and fit more Dunlop tyre's than our competitors.

One young fitter decided that the leather sports strap needed another hole in it, and proceeded to make another one with a 2lb hammer and a nail. Alas he missed the nail and succeeded in breaking the buckle of the strap. The watch was then volleyed across the workshop in temper and finally disposed of in the bin.
Come lunch time and nobody about, i fished the poor beast from the bin and took it home.
Crystal smashed, hands no longer attached, strap beyond repair, and dial lightly scratched by the broken glass. Hattori vj32 movement which burst back into life when the dislodged battery was put back in.

Hands refitted, new crystal fitted and as its Dunlop, i found a cheap tyre tread pattern strap with deployment clasp.
Wallah its alive again. Cost me £7.50 for a 2 bob watch, WIS or what?
dunlop.jpg

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,744 Posts
Gonna give it back to him? :grin:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Last week, the Tyre fitters at work were all presented with a cheap quartz watch from Dunlop. It would seem that they have managed to sell and fit more Dunlop tyre's than our competitors.

One young fitter decided that the leather sports strap needed another hole in it, and proceeded to make another one with a 2lb hammer and a nail. Alas he missed the nail and succeeded in breaking the buckle of the strap. The watch was then volleyed across the workshop in temper and finally disposed of in the bin.
Come lunch time and nobody about, i fished the poor beast from the bin and took it home.
Crystal smashed, hands no longer attached, strap beyond repair, and dial lightly scratched by the broken glass. Hattori vj32 movement which burst back into life when the dislodged battery was put back in.

Hands refitted, new crystal fitted and as its Dunlop, i found a cheap tyre tread pattern strap with deployment clasp.
Wallah its alive again. Cost me £7.50 for a 2 bob watch, WIS or what?
View attachment 102929
Well that's what un-control causes. But when a, " Watch Peramadic is on duty, rescue moves into action, then treatment of the victum ".
Well you saved one more and it looks great.
By the way Dunlop's are great tires too.
I really love that Strap. Very unusual to have. Like to get one in 22mm someday, if they come here.
Right place, perfect timing of where to be.

( I keep waiting to find a ......... " Goodyear Eagle Racing Slick " one to come along. )
I look for company give out ones also, but hard to find the " Dialed " ones.
....... Mainly Racing one's, so I keep looking. .....

( At the looks of that thread design on that strap, I don't think it would .............
" Hydro-plane at all when diving ". ).
Congrat's on a great looking watch also.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
what a fool to ruin a watch..no matter the value...and then to say..is that my watch...i ran a tire shop for a long time...not too many places give away anything and that is very hard work...he better think twice before he ruins something of value...great new watch you got...

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
:32: Only thing i would give that knuckle head is a slap up side the head...sounds like he needs one..

I wore it into work today, the young lad spotted it on my wrist, "Is that my watch" he asked.
My reply, "NO, its mine"

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
You can't beat free :bowdown:

I have gotten every lawnmower and snowblower I have owned for the last 17 years out of the junk pile at work.

I did spool myself back in 2006 and finally break down and buy a new snowblower at dealer cost.

If I had to patience to work on watches myself . . . .

·
Registered
111 Posts
I wore it into work today, the young lad spotted it on my wrist, "Is that my watch" he asked.
My reply, "NO, its mine"

I was plenty happy with your original story, but here you've got me wondering whether you actually made up the whole thing :p:p:p:p:p:p made my day, thanks !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts