The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Another recent acquisition arrived today, from our own Pacific paradise, Hawaii.

Click for Big Image

Inside the padded envelope is s grass skirt!

Click for Big Image

Hmm, maybe its just green bubble-wrap.

Click for Big Image

Ooo, but inside is a lovely watch-hini! Aloha! :p

Click for Big Image

There is a better look it is a 1967 Seikomatic-P with a 5106-8010 33 jewel movement. "Only" 19,800 bph, but folks tell me it is a very high quality movement, that the 5106 was an early chronometer grade movement.

Click for Big Image

It is just beautiful! It seems to be in better shape than I though it was going to be, what a interesting dial texture and the crystal is just perfect.

It hacks and it hand-winds, and the "P" in Seikomatic-P stand for "Press", as you can quick-set the date by pressing in on the center portion of the crown.

Click for Big Image

Here is the "required for vintage watch" case-back shot. No sea-creature darn it! :rolleyes:

Click for Big Image

And the "clasp" view for "those people". :eek:

Click for Big Image

Here is the crown side, and you can see the octagonal center portion that you can push in to change the date. No quick-set on the day of the week, but I can understand that, as there are no weeks that skip a day.

Click for Big Image

And the other side. The lines look sharp to me.

Click for Big Image

And here is a movement picture from the seller.

Click for Big Image

And the bracelet fits like a charm, I could even tighten it up by a micro-adjustment or two. Very smooth feeling, very comfortable.

Click for Big Image

What an incredibly good-looking and interesting watch. All the way from 1967 and it remarkably good condition with a cool, comfortable bracelet.

I may have to wear this one for a week sometime, to check out its accuracy.

Thanks for looking!

- Thomas

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Outstanding looking piece, thanks for sharing. Wear it in good health.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Fantastic looking watch and in great condition.

I have a 5106-9000 Presmatic from November 1967.

Do you know the relationship between the Seikomatic-P and the Presmatic? Was the Presmatic series for export?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe that is correct...

Fantastic looking watch and in great condition.

I have a 5106-9000 Presmatic from November 1967.

Do you know the relationship between the Seikomatic-P and the Presmatic? Was the Presmatic series for export?

Very attractive example you have akable! It looks brand new! :eek:hmy:

Now, I am NO expert on vintage Seikos, but I do pay attention to what the experts tell me, and yes, I was told that the Seikomatic-P was the JDM designation and Pressmatic was the name for the export market.

And thank you for your appreciative comments. :)

- Thomas

·
Registered
550 Posts
Very nice!!!

I have a real soft spot for those vintage silver dialed Seikos and have several now. Yours is stunning!!!!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check this shot...

I have a real soft spot for those vintage silver dialed Seikos and have several now. Yours is stunning!!!!

Thank you, and you will probably like my wrist shot for today.

I know it is supposed to be an accurate movement, but I have been testing it today, and it is already fast by 4 or 5 seconds, so I may just throw it in the trash.

Another nice thing is this is an "instant change" movement, where close to midnight the day and date change, "snap", in an instant!

Click for Big Image

And it don't look too bad either!

- Thomas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts