The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Beautiful Flighty one of my all time grails I have one other and that is a Breitling Super Avenger so not really that much of a biggy I suppose.

Mark.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow that's a great 80's as 90's collection. I would really love to own a chronometer pre-bond.

·
Special Member
4,643 Posts
Wow that's a great 80's as 90's collection. I would really love to own a chronometer pre-bond.
The name prebond refers to the 200m Seamasters, most being quartz but a few coming in automatic.
What you see in my photo is the Omega Polaris line -quartz- In the 80s Seiko almost wiped out the Swiss brands with the introduction of the quartz watch. Omega did try to compete with the POLARIS line, coming in many iterations of dials etc. The Polaris has the beautiful 18ct gold inlay in the casing and in an optional bracelet. There were 2 chronos issued 1/10 and a 1/100sec model. These were to celebrate the coming Barcelona Olympics.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I recognise the two on the bottom left (with gold inlay) as the Polaris. The x33s and blue bond I also recognise.

I was referring to the 4 watches (3 bottom right, and one second from left top row) as the pre bond.

·
Special Member
4,643 Posts
I recognise the two on the bottom left (with gold inlay) as the Polaris. The x33s and blue bond I also recognise.

I was referring to the 4 watches (3 bottom right, and one second from left top row) as the pre bond.
You are certainly correct there....I have a full size two toned prebond that really is a secret favorite to wear.

prebond Dali by blingmeister, on Flickr

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The service (from omega) was £512 including VAT, which sound shish, but actually i think represents pretty good value as it really does include just about everything.

I have a 910 caliber (MK1) there now, and 2 seamsters sued up to go next week i was so knocked out with the service. They don't even mind talking to you!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.