The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this Seiko is worth anything (see pictures below). I've had this since 1972. The S/N (1D0651) puts the mfg date at December, 1971. The movement is 5000 (full description: H449 -5000). I forgot about the watch still having the battery in it when I put it in a drawer (I know, what an idiot). Anyway, the digital display is bad and won't display anything. Any opinions on whether it's worth getting fixed?

Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So, I think you are saying you put a new battery in and --- nothing? I don't have a 449 but I do have a H249 and when you change the battery you need to short out a contact on the movement to reset the display. It is marked but in very tiny letters (at least on my watch), a small hole that you short to the case with a pin or fine tweezer.
May be worth a try. Good luck

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I'd guess 1981 rather than '71......

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the post. I didn't put a new battery in it. Just left it out since the LCD display looks damaged.
_________

Andy,
Not sure on the date. It could very well be 1981. I was just going by the date the Seiko Watch Production Site shows where you enter the required info. I bought the watch new but really don't remember exactly when. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
The movement is a H449 , the calibre number comes first, the case number is 5000 .... And it's definetely 1981 not 1971 .... The LCD portion looks damaged, there's nothing much you can do about that, if it has sentimental worth then Im sure you could find a donor on eBay for not much money....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts