1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<br>

Whew, what a busy weekend! Lets get going! @[email protected]

<br>

Here is the big box from Canada. Spent a long time in Customs, then I was too busy with the Living Room to get to it! :-(

<br>

<br>

<br>

Hey, more interesting newspaper articles! Great bathroom reading! ^L^ Woohoo!

<br>

<br>

<br>

And under those newspapers, a white bubble wrap bundle, and many, many Sudoku puzzles! @[email protected] And each one is done correctly! I wonder who Mark borrowed this newspaper from!?! ^L^

<br>

<br>

<br>

And under the puzzle pages, we see an unusual Seiko watch box, with a peek-a-boo window?! Have you ever seen one like this before? *L*

<br>

<br>

<br>

Once I got the items out of the box, I see Mark included an empty package, that should have held a Seiko bezel protector! ºLº He said if I was really nice he might include a protector, and I guess I wasn't nice enough! :-( Gee whiz, I know he's from Canada, but man, that's cold! ;-)

<br>

<br>

<br>

With the peek-a-boo box slipped off, we see a dark blue gift box, which is also unique in my experience! I wonder what is inside?

<br>

<br>

<br>

Bubble wrap! ^L^ Along with a bag of what looks like Monster bracelet links!?! Hmm, unique blue box, Monster bracelet links...

<br>

<br>

<br>

You guessed it, the Limited Edition Seiko Blue Monster!! Woohoo! ^L^ I contacted Mark to buy a different watch, and hating to ship just one watch, asked if he had anything else for sale.

<b>"Just my Blue Monster, you want it?"</b> he replied! Uh, sure!! ^L^

Shall we look more closely?

<br>

<br>

<br>

Not bad! ^L^ Hmm, maybe a white strap? Or maybe bright red? @[email protected] Bwahahaha!

Okay, maybe black with blue stitching, eh? -L-

<br>

<br>

<br>

Hey, let's not forget the watch I originally contacted Mark about!

<br>

<br>

<br>

Pretty familiar rubber strap, I wonder what brand of watch this is!?!?! ^L^

<br>

<br>

<br>

Hey, it's an orange Seiko diver! ^L^ Looks like an SKX011, but let's take a closer look and see if you notice what's missing!! ºLº

And no, I don't mean the bezel!! ^L^

<br>

<br>

<br>

Can you see what is missing? #L# Wait, that doesn’t make sense, uh, can you NOT see what is missing? @[email protected] Grrr, that doesn't make sense either!?!

Well, anyhow what isn't there is the "21 Jewels" text at 6 o'clock, which means this is one of the very rare SKX011K models, instead of the much more common SKX011J. Cool!!

<br>

<br>

<br>

And here they are, side-by-each, ready for the Lume Showdown! ^L^

<br>

<br>

<br>

That's all folks! I hope you enjoyed the show!

Thanks for looking!

- Thomas

·
Registered
215 Posts
You have a nice little collection coming along there now, Thomas. ;-)

But on behalf of the audience, I have to say 'Whaaat, no wrist shot??!!' LOL.

I thought those bezel protectors were attached by threading the strap through two loops - I never realised you could actually time things using them...

(sorry, winking smiley gone awol) EDIT - OK, just caught the What are you wearing Monday thread, ha ha.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys! ^-^

I almost never do wrist shots as part of my unveilings, as I am already wearing a watch for that day, or evening. ::)

But check the WRUW threads for the next day or so, and you'll usually see them there! ;D Like yesterday's WRUW has my wrist host of the SKX011K, and today's will have a wrist shot of the Blue Monster!!

DeskDiver, you are correct about how the protector is mounted, Zoodles had just slipped it around the case sideways, as a temporary placement. If you check the WRUW post, you'll see it properly mounted. Oh, I see you caught my post already! :-[

See ya later!

- Thomas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts