The Watch Site banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will not run -(.Any suggestions?Mind You the Guy who fitted the battery hasn't dealt with many Seikos.Its calibre 7N36 any input appreciated.Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
well sounds like you might want to open it up and make sure they put the correct battery inside and did it right...sorry you are having problems too

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Corroded terminals?, on the few quartz ive played with (i have no love for quartz) the neg terminal at the bottom sometimes gets corroded and just needs cleaning.

·
Administrator
32,889 Posts
Did it run at all after having the new battery fitted ?

Might be worth checking that the battery is good ?

Does this movement have to be shorted out ?

Did he damage anything during fitting ?

·
Special Member
1,903 Posts
I've had Quartz movements where either the piece of plastic that insulates the negative battery contact has shifted and is blocking a solid contact, or where the metal strip that makes up the negative contact is pressed too flat to make a solid contact. Bending it gently upward has remedied that.

The good news, if all else fails, is that a new movement is only about $15 (but hopefully it doesn't come to that)!

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Twall...they are that cheap...wow...great info...thank you

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys thankyou so much I appreciate all the replies in answer to a couple of questions Yes it did run but I've had it more than 3 years I am now sending it to someone to look at.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay a quick Update!

Duncan very kindly took a look at the Sawtooth and tried a new battery but movement was dead so He very kindly ordered the updated replacement for the 7N36 calibre and will fit that in I will ofcourse post photos once its back with Me and a huge thank you to Duncan.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
well great news...please some pics when you get it going too...God Bless John...Duncan will take great care of you too

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
It is always nice when your movement dies and it is one of the inexpensive ones like the 7N36 or 7N42-3 $20 bucks and any movement problem is guaranteed solved!

Michael

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
or when it is too complicated too...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay its ready the Outstanding craftsman who has worked his magic has sent Me photos but I am currently in San Francisco on flying duties and what with the 8-hour time difference i'll ask if I can use the photos to show the marvellous work He has very kindly done.

·
Registered
108 Posts
definitely check the bottom terminal for any corrosion, especially if you replaced the battery because the last one had died...... possible leak of battery fluid.

·
Registered
108 Posts
definitely check the bottom terminal for any corrosion, especially if you replaced the battery because the last one had died...... possible leak of battery fluid.
sorry, my bad. didn't refresh my page since last login so didn't realise you had it sorted...... ooops.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
hey no worries..we all have done that but great info too...God Bless John

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
well that is a great thread...excellent work Cannop as always...i always highly recommend you to all...God Bless John...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts