The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe these 6105 reinterpretations have now hit the market and while there has been some discussion of them here, I am surprised not to have seen anyone post about actually landing one. Call me curious but I find it a tad odd.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Russ, I ordered from a local AD on July 21....still waiting. All in $1500. I'm happy to get the deal and support a local small business, but I think if I had ordered from Seiya, I'd have had it by now.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Russ, I ordered from a local AD on July 21....still waiting. All in $1500. I'm happy to get the deal and support a local small business, but I think if I had ordered from Seiya, I'd have had it by now.
That's terrific John, good for you!. Kudos for sourcing from a local AD btw. I see our local AD here in Calgary was taking pre-orders for roughly the same amount and while it might take a bit longer, I hope you find good things come for those that wait. Looking forward to reveal post!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
They did arrive on the European market some time ago and same here. Looks like only a few bought them. Some say awesome, some say hmmmm, some have been resold already... Bit on the pricey side in my opinion, but each to his own. I was at least expecting more fuzz after the release...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They did arrive on the European market some time ago and same here. Looks like only a few bought them. Some say awesome, some say hmmmm, some have been resold already... Bit on the pricey side in my opinion, but each to his own. I was at least expecting more fuzz after the release...

My thoughts exactly Phil. I'm surprised as well because there's a dedicated thread over on WUS. No doubt things have changed which is fine but I'm still scratching me head over the seeming indifference regarding Chinese copies. I didn't seem that long ago when members would go ape-**** on the matter ;)

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
My pre-order from Seiko Boutique got cancelled when Seiko top brass decided the Boutiques would become Grand Seiko only.

So I guess it's a "Say No" Boutique now. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
My thoughts exactly Phil. I'm surprised as well because there's a dedicated thread over on WUS. No doubt things have changed which is fine but I'm still scratching me head over the seeming indifference regarding Chinese copies. I didn't seem that long ago when members would go ape-**** on the matter ;)
I'm a bit surprised there is not that much play here as well, especially after reading that wus thread. That's why I posted my query about the two a little while back as well.

I'll get them, but I'm not sure when. A friend found a good deal, but I haven't called the retailer yet. Personally, I like both iterations and will wear the crap out of them 😁

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
159 Posts
I read on another forum of someone being charged $175 duty buying from Seiya. Ouch! Why do people continue to pay "bump" prices to "have it first"? The supply will arrive at some point, I mean it is not like we all don't have another watch to fill the gap:) I am going to wait for a resale from a WIS that just didn't "bond" with the green of the 153. But then I am a self confessed cheap *******.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read on another forum of someone being charged $175 duty buying from Seiya. Ouch! Why do people continue to pay "bump" prices to "have it first"? The supply will arrive at some point, I mean it is not like we all don't have another watch to fill the gap:) I am going to wait for a resale from a WIS that just didn't "bond" with the green of the 153. But then I am a self confessed cheap ***.
Funny you should mention that. I saw a YouTube review of the watch last night and the reviewer was complaining dinged an extra $125 or so on his he got From Seiya as well. Sounds like you and I are in ths same boat.....I can wait.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Can't say I am surprised by the lack of fuzz. Seiko crowd don't buy watches for prestige, those who do are mostly attracted to other brands. With the price that can almost get you a Marinemaster, case design that doesn't actually follow the original one and the overall level of finishing I would honestly be surprised if people weren't looking at other options for the money. I really liked the idea of having a bracelet on this one and was looking forward to the release date, but on every video I have seen so far, the watch just didn't feel right, there is something odd to it and I can't help the feeling it looks cheaper than other Seiko watches in the similar price range. :unsure: A turtle with a coin edge bezel is what first comes to my mind...

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Funny you should mention that. I saw a YouTube review of the watch last night and the reviewer was complaining dinged an extra $125 or so on his he got From Seiya as well. Sounds like you and I are in ths same boat.....I can wait.
Is he using DHL since the Japanese postal service isn't accepting EMS yet?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Over a month now since ordering from a local AD. Still waiting, and remembering of why I've bought 95% of my collection online. Brick and mortar is starting to seem like its more for browsing than buying.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Over a month now since ordering from a local AD. Still waiting, and remembering of why I've bought 95% of my collection online. Brick and mortar is starting to seem like its more for browsing than buying.
Yeah, I can imagine the waiting would be daunting. I was hoping to see them in the flesh last week at my local AD but it now looks like they'll be in this week. You've touched on the basic challenge that most brick & mortars face. Fortunately the local AD will also price match with any reputable on-line retailer which eases the conscience a tad if you're contemplating buying new. I think I'll just wait and look for a decent pre-owned one. Looking forward to seeing yours!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts