The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a very disappointing call to find parts...i need to see if possibly this crown is on any other watch..it is very distinctive so any other one will not look right....any help will so be appreciated...God Bless John...it does screw into the case and it has a eta movement too...color is no biggie as watch is being DLC coated

Attachments

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
John can in any way you take the crown and stem out to see it better?
And a good close picture of them also.
That way everyone will see just what it is like and you just might find one soon.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Louis i do not have one..it is missing...i wish i had a pics and dimensions of it...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Is it a screw in crown?
There are plenty of designs that use the Eta movement. From swatch and the other usual suspects to brands like swiss army and Technomarine you could do a search that way also. If a crown can be made it sounds like a good option.
Whenever I got my Tissot serviced they always replaced my crown and sent me the old one as proof they had done it. That maybe another option.
I guess it's not a one size fits all scenario though.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
well thank you Camrok...well it is a screw down crown with exposed threads that screw into the case...never thought of just having one made too...great idea...i so wish i had the old one for a reference....what it looks like to me is a citizen nighthawk size and i think they have that screw in style too..i am not sure if the end has a movable piece like the 4205 divers...take a look at this one...

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts

I got this today.
I'm assuming it's an Eta movement but it's not a screw in crown sorry.
The case back is on tight so I've decided at the sake of my fingers and watch case back that it's not appropriate to remove at 2215 after a few beers!
I'm sure there is a crown out there for you John!

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well thank you CamRok...that is my thoughts too..i am shocked that i can not find the original parts ..i am told they use stock parts for this watch...so someone must have something very close...God Bless John

·
Registered
535 Posts
I guess you wouldn't have to search just chronos? I would assume Eta would have the same stem gauge and thread regardless. I may be very wrong.... Seiko has seemed to change theirs between series. (Or I may have had too many beers when I tried to swap the crowns over)

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well the stem will screw onto a seiko crown too....it just needs to be the right style...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Howzit John , Here's some pics of my CD Mach 3 . It has a screw down crown , but the movement is a Miyota quartz OS80 . I just ordered a new movement because the alarm doesn't work on mine . The pic shows a black crown and although it isn't screw down , it is made for a Japanese stem .
You can have the crown on the new movement if you want it .

Mach 3 #1.JPG

Mach 3 #2.JPG

Screen shot 2015-02-27 at 10.07.29 AM.png

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Louis that is a beautiful watch....thank you for pics ..appreciate it...i wish Chase would not be so hard to get parts like this from...seems so very foolish on their part and very greedy too

·
Registered
535 Posts
What if you were to send the watch to them?
I know it's not much of a comparison but I have had a good result with Citizen and Adina when I've been chasing parts.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well they want 90 just to look at it and then the parts...if it were just the 90 total i would still not be happy but i could deal with that...90.00 plus parts is just crazy...i am just so surprised that they can get away with this...i know they dont produce any of the parts so some other watch must have what i need...The Citizen Nighthawk looks pretty close...just wish someone had one we could take the crown out to see ...
Citizen must sell parts ...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Citizen sell parts but in OZ they also like to have the watch.
I had a similar quote of $85 from Citizen to supply and fit an extra link to my Eco drive navihawk.
Turns out they wanted to reseal and pressure test while they had it.

I told them not to worry and got the part sent to me for $25.
But they wouldn't have sent it if I hadn't sent the watch in for assessment.

Would a 62mas style crown fit and suit?

Have you quizzed Daggaz? I know they sell some ETA stuff?

There is also a big and scary WUS forum that may have a bigger pool of experts.
I've recently been burned on the forum for posting a thread that had poor grammar. So tread carefully.
The tinkering and watchmaking threads are pretty forgiving though. And is also the appropriate place for this kind of question.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hey i did not know Dagaz did stuff with ETA's.. i have to buy a bezel insert for a new purchase...you all will really like this new one.....what forum is that?...Thank you CamRok for everything...you are always a great help...God Bless John..hey the crown is about the size of a 62 mas crown...i have a extra 6105 8000 crown and it just fits..would not turn...well this is what i needs to sorta look like this..it is a breitling....with the exposed threads like the BFK ska series divers...if that makes sense..the inner section needs to be collapse able so it will screw down..

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
The forum is watch you seek forum. Just search that one on Google. They have a huge conversation going but a lot of the stuff they discuss is out of my perceivable price range and care factor.
The Breitling looks cool. Is it available at a decent price?
I just notice DAgaz had Eta hands and dials. If the only effort you have to do is send an email and ask for direction on where you might find one then it's worth it.
There is a high chance Dagaz won't have it but may offer some advice.

I think one of the greatest things about these forum threads is even if unsuitable suggestions are offered it can get you thinking of what might work.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
very true Cam...well the breitling is just 25.00...but it would need to have a piece threaded onto the end..the right one will have threads sticking out...it is not like a seiko with the threads on the case with a case tube...the Chase had the case threaded and the crown is the male piece...i emailed Dagaz too..one way or another we will get it working....the big thing will be the collapseable section so it can screw in...i see this is a very common problem for the chase as many of the early models had the crowns break off..God Bless John

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey i found a factory Chase manual for the watch and i can see what the crown looks like kinda from it...and with a little fooling with the movement it is slowly coming back to life...
here is the link for the manual..see what you all think...

http://www.chase-durer.com/pdfs/manual_sf1000.pdf

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
ok...well i got some dimensions...looks like the original one is 7mm..about 4.5mm tall..and it has the collapsable end..and it has exposed threads...has anyone used a rolex style screw down crown?...i see many knockoffs on the bay with the right size...but very hesistant to not do this right...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts