The Watch Site banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
It's funny you should say that. My best friend's dad used to collect Morgan's when we were growing up. he even had this super cool 3 wheeled model that I once saw out accelerate a 911. Beautiful cars and a ton of fun when they ran. that said, they spent far more time in the garage being worked on than they ever did being driven. I remember he had a plaque in his garage that read: " All parts falling off this vehicle are of the finest British craftsmanship". :D

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
I grew up on a whole range of Brit cars - MGAs, MGBs, MG Magnette, Jaguar, Hillman Minx, Hillman Hunter, and of course that benighted Jaguar XK150. Weird, strange, odd, poorly thought-out, charming, unpredictable etc.

As it turns out, I also managed to grow up on VW's - many many 50s and early 60s bugs. Dad was sort of bipolar. Anyway, I could always get a bug going, always. Brit cars? Lord help you. I'm all for European as long as you're east of the channel and north of Paris. Apologies to any Brits or Frenchmen present.

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Time said:
I like old French cars :-X

This Citroen can double as a boat upside down.

Oh, I've loved those model Citroens for years - I think they're great. I was even more fond of the Citroen SM - there was a derelict one in my home town that I used to lust after, despite the mouse poop all over the carpets inside. In terms of reliability they're terrible though! Just terrible! If you didn't stay on top of very regular and expensive maintenance, the engine would self-destruct when the timing chain failed, among other things.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I love those great big old Citroens. They unfortunately had their fare share of the fugly market also. Affectionately referred to in England as a chicken hutch on wheels..

41 - 46 of 46 Posts