The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how are prices for Oakley watches in other countries, but here they're pretty expensive. Adding to that, I personally find them hideous looking (with rare exceptions), and to the best of my knowledge, they all beat with a quartz heart. With all that, in my eyes I see the brand as just another fashion brand, just like Armani or Diesel or Guess.
But am I missing something? What's the deal?

·
Registered
501 Posts
No you are right they are super gaudy and I think they are made by the same people who make stuff like Diesel, Nautic, Tommy etc. So yes they are super overpriced and cost alot more than they other watches I mentioned. ???

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went over to their site and the most expensive models, like the "Time Bomb", are powered by a 2824. The problem is it costs more then double of the cost of a Tissot using the same movement.
And Tissot has watches that look good even if you're not drunk.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Remember...they also market sunglasses that are really pricey, just like Maui Jim, Smith, and lotsa others. Most of the lenses are non-polarized polycarbon, and the frames are silicon. How much could they cost to produce? Not NEARLY worth the money, just like their watches...IMO...

Regards!
Don

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
As with all the other watches mentioned in this thread, they are solid but inexpensive [to manufacture] fashion watches sold at a premium to folks buying the brand, not the substance of the watch behind it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts