The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Which Particular .....O-Ring is needed ?
Case Back, Crown , Bezel ..... ????
A little more specific if possible please
Oh, a introduction be Great also.
Give us a little history about who you are, where you from,
so we get to know you better.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Which Particular .....O-Ring is needed ?
Case Back, Crown , Bezel ..... ????
A little more specific if possible please
Oh, a introduction be Great also.
Give us a little history about who you are, where you from,
so we get to know you better.
I agree, and who is citizen JP-1010?? is it like The Prisoner??

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
If you are referring to the Citizens Pro Master Quartz , 200m, Duplex C500 Diver,
they come in different models...... JP1010-51L, -07E ....... etc.
Which O-Ring is needed. There are several in that watch.
What one is needed to get replaced and also it might be hard to find also.
You might have to make some comparisons with it, or improvise one similar.
I know about that, I have several here.
Aloha
Picture is of a ........ ( Citizens JP1010 Series ) watch, is it this one ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry everyone, you are absolute right. It was not so good idea to put one line in the forum and expect that everyone who want to help me knows about that. It is a little rude from me. So my apology for that. Let give you a little introduction of myself. I’ am a Dutch diver and make some little repairs (change battery’s, O-ring’s etc etc) on dive watches and dive computers from my divebudy’s. FYI Citizen dive watches are very popular by Dutch divers. I’am the owner of a citizen JP-1010 (caliber c500) dive watch for more than 14 years. I wear it every day and it did assist me as a backup (I also have a suunto dive computer) by a few hundred dives. So it is very frequently used and you can see it on the outside. So a bought a second hand one, changed the battery, reset it and it works fine. But I also want to replace the o-ring on the case back. For most dive computers I could find a service manual with the exact specification (hardness, type, shore, size etc etc) but I could find any specification about the caseback 0-ring of the citizen jp-1010 dive watch. I find the C500 repair manual on this side, thanks for that, but also there is nothing about the O-ring. So maybe someone on this forum can help me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Sorry everyone, you are absolute right. It was not so good idea to put one line in the forum and expect that everyone who want to help me knows about that. It is a little rude from me. So my apology for that. Let give you a little introduction of myself. I’ am a Dutch diver and make some little repairs (change battery’s, O-ring’s etc etc) on dive watches and dive computers from my divebudy’s. FYI Citizen dive watches are very popular by Dutch divers. I’am the owner of a citizen JP-1010 (caliber c500) dive watch for more than 14 years. I wear it every day and it did assist me as a backup (I also have a suunto dive computer) by a few hundred dives. So it is very frequently used and you can see it on the outside. So a bought a second hand one, changed the battery, reset it and it works fine. But I also want to replace the o-ring on the case back. For most dive computers I could find a service manual with the exact specification (hardness, type, shore, size etc etc) but I could find any specification about the caseback 0-ring of the citizen jp-1010 dive watch. I find the C500 repair manual on this side, thanks for that, but also there is nothing about the O-ring. So maybe someone on this forum can help me. Thanks in advance.

Its OK , You Are Forgiven Sir, :72:
Thank you for your understanding.
:sign0098: and good recovery on this one ...................... Aloha

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Hi!

The original part number for the caseback gasket (O-ring) from the factory is this one:

393-0205

You can request it directly at your Citizen Authorized Service department, or request it through your entrusted watchmaker. This gasket is readily available, and it's a common rubber O-ring, nothing special about it.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Hi!

The original part number for the caseback gasket (O-ring) from the factory is this one:

393-0205

You can request it directly at your Citizen Authorized Service department, or request it through your entrusted watchmaker. This gasket is readily available, and it's a common rubber O-ring, nothing special about it.
Thank you very much Sir for the supplied information that was needed.
Aloha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts