Well, I want an orange one! :(

...but the green would be nice, too. :grin:

Ref. SNE451P1, SRPB01K1

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shall we give it a name? How about "Godzilla"? :D

Or should we just call the whole thing "Pokemon", because you gotta catch em all? ;)

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that's reserved for the Solar SNE451P1 ;)

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are right - The "Kermit" Rolex is the one with green bezel and black dial. Hulk is green/green.

Still, since it's Japanese... (Teenage Mutant) Ninja Turtle? :D

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
I'm glad I decided against collecting all these when I had my zimbe and padi, now long gone as I simply prefer the 6309/6306. But don't mind that. Prefer the coke insert 789 over all these though.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I can't deal with green. Rolex brought out one a while back and I never could get my head round it, though they sold a lot of them so what do I know?

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
i like the name Hulk....and i like the idea of green too...not too many watches are green...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
On the subject of green...

The Alpinist pretty much got the shade of green spot on, and beautifully accented by the dark brown leather straps they pair them with. But the Rolex Hulk/Kermit greens are a bit too ecological for my taste.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Well, I want an orange one! :(

...but the green would be nice, too. :grin:

Ref. SNE451P1, SRPB01K1
And for orange, well, I will always associate orange with the original DOXA...

·
Special Member
5,123 Posts
Nothing wrong with variety, imo, the reissue has been a success so only logical that Seiko is milking it.
I'm however more interested on the SNE451, love the hands on this one and the obvious resemblance to the Kermit. Wouldn't mind trying one of these as I've been on the fence about getting a 16610lv sub for awhile (they look gorgeous with a faded bezel).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Is it me or is anyone else starting to get really sick of these coloured variants of the turtle released every other day?

Don't get me wrong, I love the original turtle and the first batch of the reissues then came the various limited editions and other colours they fancied from their pantone charts, it starts to seem like Seiko is just milking this wave for all its worth without any much consideration for it's fans (us).
If they really want to get it right, they should start with fixing the damn misaligned chapter ring and whatnot because every forum I go, there's always someone with some issue with the misalignments. So much so that the misalignment issue is synonymous with the new Seiko Turtles!

And don't get me started on when some ppl say "oh it's only a seiko" or "oh it's only the low end of the proxpex series", if cheaper watches from Citizen, Casio, Timex and even Seiko itself can get it right with the alignment issues, I don't see how and why they are not doing anything about it. Clearly they are taking the fans for a ride and we're paying a pretty good chuck of dollars on them prospex seiko turtles!
It just doesn't add up, don't make us do work any work for you, we paid you, do your damn job!

Rant over.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts