The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"The Prospector"
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The PRG 40 Protrek I had just bought had low batteries, so I thought, not much to do on Sunday, so I'll change the batteries. I took out the old batteries to get the battery number. SR927W.

I started off at our local Tesco, no joy, then into town, I went round about six stores, still no joy, then out of town, to Homebase and B & Q, guess what ? Still no batteries.

I came home after about an hour and a half of fruitless searching for my 'Holy Grail', sat down at my lappy and within two seconds, I had bought the four batteries I require ( Duracell) 4.20GBP delivered on Tuesday. Why did I waste my time and fuel in the first instance ?? !!!

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I know what you mean. I get all my bits and bobs on line by default these days. In the past I have tried to patronize my local shops but most of the independents have gone now and Tesco are crap for most things I need (apart from food). The large DIY places lack the handy bits you need to complete a job.

·
"The Prospector"
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed Polly likewise. DIY a complete misnoma :) Probably cost me more in fuel than what the batteries actually cost me online tbh

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I recently started doing battery changes for customers (subject to watch type !!!!) and the profits are great ! I keep most common types and charge £1.99 for the battery and £2 to fit it. This is cheaper than anywhere else in Clacton, and the batteries are ridiculously cheap online.

Coincidentally I was asked to do a huge Casio similar to yours Vinny, and it had four screws on the back, which weren't a problem. Then the strap had to come off because it was holding the case back on. Then it had a huge piece of plastic covering the four batteries. I couldn't see how to get that off, so had to give up so I didn't damage the watch. Fortunately the customer was happy to take it disassembled to someone else (who knew what they were doing :grin:), though the batteries will probably cost him a fortune elsewhere.

·
"The Prospector"
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine was simple to take apart, now I have this little spring and have no idea where it goes, bloody cat knocked the tray off of the coffee table. Idea's anyone please ???

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Mine was simple to take apart, now I have this little spring and have no idea where it goes, bloody cat knocked the tray off of the coffee table. Idea's anyone please ???
Is it the alarm spring ? Sits in a little hole and must touch the case back to make the circuit.

·
Registered
461 Posts
If its like a gshock mudman ive just done one, put the plastic/rubber cover on the right way and youll see exactly where the spring should be located

1 - 9 of 9 Posts