The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in progress of completing several projects having to do with Seiko SKX divers. While there is more to do, I wanted to share one part of the collection which is now complete. For the longest of time I wanted one Sumo of each color but I did not want to spend the cash to do that, and also I don’t like the 20mm lugs on the Sumo. I found a solution in the below, less costly, more original and better for me due to the overall dimensions and specs.

Seiko SKX009 Blue Mediterraneo:

Already posted earlier, this is an SKX009 with the Pepsi bezel I installed a Seiko Sumo dial and set of hands, seconds hand is aftermarket. The bracelet is also aftermarket, president style.

Seiko Black SKX007 Bruno Vailati

This is an SKX007 to which I installed the Seiko Sumo dial as well as hour and minute hands. The seconds hand is aftermarket. The bezel insert is silver. The bracelet is an aftermarket Oyster type.

Seiko SKX009 Orange Mare Adriatico

This is a SKX009 to which I installed an original Seiko Sumo dial and hands set. Also an original SKX007 bezel insert. The bracelet is aftermarket, Oyster type.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
they are gorgeous...great work

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
hey where did you find all those very nice parts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much for the kind words. The watches and parts were mostly sourced via the watch sales forums. I got the Dials from Rob at monsterwatches.eu

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
well you did a great job...i know most of us would love to just own one....thanks for info..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Perfect! This is the route I'd go if the Sumo proved too large... And of course, a route many are likely surprised that Seiko hasn't gone themselves, yet...

It's enough to make me consider picking up another 007 to mod!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Addendum to my lost comment: I want one just that orange one so bad! Nice choice with the matching chrome hands instead of the black-outlined set.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Nothing special? Very unique and special in my book. Well thought out. Well executed.

I may have stuck with an orange chapter ring with the orange dial, but that is personal preference nick picking kind of stuff.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all for the kind words. I forgot to check back here and answer the questions.

I got some of the parts from Rob at monsterwatches.eu, some parts can be gotten also from Cousins in the UK. Some of the parts though I got from other people from the sales forums, some time people mod watches and the original parts are then available for sale.

The seconds hand is C3 as far as I recall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts