The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this today, it's an 8346 Dolphin. Thought I'd take a chance, everything is there I think, and my opinion says it's the crystal with all the damage. Anyway, worth a gamble at £12 GBP all in. What are your opinions?

Regards, David

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Blurriest watch I've ever seen :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From my buying via Pictures experience...That should be very nice with a cleaning and new crystal ;)
I really do hope so, it's from a well known seller on the bay, hence the blurry pic. I'm liking the older Seiko at the moment, and this is just a precaution buy, see if I actually like them in the flesh. I'm quite unsure what strap to get for it if all turns out well.

Regards, David

·
Registered
579 Posts
I did something similar with a 6602 and it's turned out great! I think there are "good bones" under there. Will be great to see the after pics!

·
Registered
931 Posts
A couple of my latest strap choices....

Yup , I know what's going through your mind on which strap to settle on for your latest acquisition...so I thought I would throw in a couple of choices I made fairly recently...
First, a leather Croc grain with White stitching for this 60's Citizen...It's kinda thin and the movement looks delicate , but the overall face dimensions allowed me to go with a bolder looking strap..
Second , for a Vintage Seiko I got a nice carbon fiber strap with contrast stitching from "Nato International " from the bay...It's a nice strap and have bought about 3 of them now...
Just a couple of suggestions and am looking forward to any pics that you may post later.....Aloha , Louis

CITIZEN #1.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg
I really do hope so, it's from a well known seller on the bay, hence the blurry pic. I'm liking the older Seiko at the moment, and this is just a precaution buy, see if I actually like them in the flesh. I'm quite unsure what strap to get for it if all turns out well.

Regards, David

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I shall be giving the down low as soon as it arrives, most likely on this thread. Been burnt before, so no biggie, it was cheap, and gives me an idea what they are like. Which type of Autosol would you advise using, Mahuta? Thank you for the strap suggestions, ricardodopalamino, I'll keep them very much in mind!

Regards, David

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gone and snapped up these four beauts, let's see what they turn out like. Really interested in trying out the vinegar and water method to clean the dials, and not worry about damage. These are perfect I think for the practice. Most of you will guess where they are from, and I've been surprised by none runners, that have turned up running, fingers crossed. Here they are

Regards, David

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are a few pics of the first two watches I posted about. The Sealion's case back is damaged and I'm unable to remove it with my basic tools. The Dolphin's case is badly damaged, but the movement appear cleaner than expected. Sorry about the pics, they were taken quickly, they are better than the sellers pics, hope you agree, and comments welcomed.

Regards, David

1 - 15 of 15 Posts