The Watch Site banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a 40mm Everest. The clasp was too big for my liking. I put the watch straight onto a vintage style brown leather. They were a perfect match. I'll see if I have pics tomorrow and will post them here if you'd like to see it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I almost bought one of these. I believe they have 2 different sizes available. The smaller one would be perfect for me. I have a fondness for military inspired watches. Congrats!. Timefactors makes a quality watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
"The Prospector"
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thks John,Yes a very tenuous link as you rightly say, I have read quite a bit on the subject.
https://blog.crownandcaliber.com/mount-everest-watches/
Nice looking watch Vyn, though it's link to 1953 and the accent of Everest is to say the least tenuous and given the rivalry at the time between Smith's and Rolex about who's watch actually got to the summit, it's very 'Rolex' appearance will probably have the management and workers of Smith's at the time spinning in their graves......

·
"The Prospector"
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi Johnny thks very much, it would be most helpful if you are able too.
I had a 40mm Everest. The clasp was too big for my liking. I put the watch straight onto a vintage style brown leather. They were a perfect match. I'll see if I have pics tomorrow and will post them here if you'd like to see it.

·
"The Prospector"
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yes you are correct, a 36mm and a 40mm i believe, the one in the pic is 36 mm
the 36mm watch is more in keeping with watch sizes in that era though Circa 1953.
I almost bought one of these. I believe they have 2 different sizes available. The smaller one would be perfect for me. I have a fondness for military inspired watches. Congrats!. Timefactors makes a quality watch.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Very nice Vyn I've had a number of Timefactors and all have been well built and good value :0)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
"The Prospector"
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks Dudlei, I do like it, plain and simple, just like me !;);)
Very nice Vyn I've had a number of Timefactors and all have been well built and good value :0)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
994 Posts
Because often smaller brands would source a movement with date but use it in a watch with a no date dial as done here (9015 has date). Some watchmakers modify the movement to remove the date wheel, some don't. So while it doesn't look like it is doing anything, you could be turning the date wheel in that 1st position.

I have several watches where this is the case. After ETA stopped selling their movements to non-Swatch Group watch companies, good Swiss movements were hard to find, and smaller companies had to settle for what was available, that would work for their new designs. When setting the watch, when you pass midnight, you can hear the click of the date wheel advancing on your no-date dial watch.

Kat

21 - 30 of 30 Posts