The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a couple watches out of Japan that showed up in waaaaaay better condition than I anticipated. Both arrived in pristine condition, with hang tags in place. Now I have to decide if I'll sully them (and risk scratches), or just hang onto them.

SKK301P1:

Pristine clasp:

and a 6619-8250

Hang tag:

A little of the blue case back sticker still attached:

·
Registered
441 Posts
That's a nice problem to have, for sure. :)

I've never had that exact quandary - most of my acquisitions have been new, and purchased for a specific purpose, so they all get worn. The few rare/vintage ones get worn a lot less and only in controlled circumstances (i.e., I check the weather and traffic first).

I like both of your choices a lot, even if they don't match my personal style exactly. I hope you find some "controlled circumstances" where they will fit in.

·
Registered
935 Posts
If you like them, you should absolutely wear them.

Maybe I could see if it was a reference that was extremely desirable (6105), where you could sock it away and keep it NOS to hold value- but these were all meant to be worn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
With all due Respect. NOS Vintage Watches are also Collectible. The thought of needing to wear such Gems I have a hard time Picturing. I picture most of us having many watches to wear.
Because of that the thought that "Watches are for wearing, as true as that is are not watches also for Collecting?.
A few years back Herman posted about The Next Generation, and
what it meant to him to be able to Save his NOS watches to be able to Share with the New comers . I thought it was nice.Not that wearing them is anything except real Treat.

Your Watches from Japan are spectacular, always a treat to see such beauty. Thank you.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Wear them, no point in just looking at them in a box, I rotate mine all the time.
I even occasionally drop on my “Ed white” speedy, and the prices on those have gone through the roof.
But that’s what it’s for!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would wear those beautiful pieces. But probably being more careful than usual. Very nice.that SKK is one of the coolest NOS watches I've ever seen congratulations.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, I thought your avatar was a Mazda MX-5. Sorry if i was mistaken. :eek:hmy:

No worries about the SKK301, I'm just being dramatic! :rolleyes:

Of course, if you do ever want to sell it.... :sleep:

- Thomas

Ahhh... Common mistake. That's a Honda S2000. Difference is S2000's have 240hp, vs 140hp in a Miata, and it's practically a motorcycle engine, which you redline at 9500 rpm. Highest hp/displacement of any NA engine up until that point. Basically, MUCH edgier car (and I've owned both through the years).

Sorry on denying you the win, but, I am enjoying it, so, I guess not *that* sorry? :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Just got a SKK301P1. Did you find anything else about the watch? I know it was produced outside Japan and only Indonesia shows any reference. Mine was bought locally in 2004 in Osaka. Would love to know it's retail price and history. Cheers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts