The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do like to buy NOS watches when I can, the only trouble is I'll never wear them in case I mess them up!

Here's a couple of Seikos...

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I wish!!!, just NOS parts.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
A good friend here was kind enough to sell me this NOS 7002-7009.
Michael
Do you wear it Michael? I just can't see the point of owning a watch and not wearing it. Just be extra careful when wearing it. I do that with all my watches.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Do you wear it Michael? I just can't see the point of owning a watch and not wearing it. Just be extra careful when wearing it. I do that with all my watches.

Hi Kenny,

I do wear it for wrist shots only. This is not a rare watch or a very expensive one either. It's funny that I will spend $300 for a fishing reel, $400 for a custom built fishing rod, or $1,750 for a Beretta shotgun...and I can't wait to get out on the beach or duck hunting boat to use them.I guess it's because I know that I can replace them...and then where am I going to find another watch like the one that I own.
Michael

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a few NOS - some I am keeping, some I am selling. The most exciting one I have going is this 3823 project - I was going to flip it, but ended up thinking it might be a pretty dang cool keeper. Chasing movement & (gold) hands, I'd be happy to share upon completion.

Also included a couple of shots of some other NOS pieces, a couple standard quartz (7N29) I have for sale on eBay and also a beautiful 1976 Seiko Bellmatic in 10/10 condition, and a LordMatic from '72, also 10/10 including faceted crystal.

I wear every watch I have, but I am starting to think about stuffing a few of my vintage Seiko models into the safe to see if they turn into something special in the next 5/10 years, what do you guys think - share or store?

Thanks, JR

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Damn, these are 🔥🔥🔥!

JR

Hi Kenny,

I do wear it for wrist shots only. This is not a rare watch or a very expensive one either. It's funny that I will spend $300 for a fishing reel, $400 for a custom built fishing rod, or $1,750 for a Beretta shotgun...and I can't wait to get out on the beach or duck hunting boat to use them.I guess it's because I know that I can replace them...and then where am I going to find another watch like the one that I own.
Michael

·
Registered
665 Posts
I’ve bought a couple, but I can’t own a watch I don’t wear, so they stop being NOS the moment I get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Hi Kenny,

Michael
Michael you didn't mention a $450 driver !

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
I've got this 6105-8000.... assembled from all NOS parts:

I too love an NOS parts build. Some folks don't, they like the whole "genuine Seiko build" thing. As long as all the nuances of parts are correct, to me there's nothing not to love.

And yours is no exception !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts