The Watch Site banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 6309 diver traveled with me for more than 27 years around the world, it is time for a new watch. My 6309 has never seen a watchmaker. Once a year, after,.cleaning and drying I put some drops Salad oil over the tube and around the caseback to keep the gaskets smooth . I think it is still waterproof.

So I really don't need a new watch but last week I've been in 2nd hand watch shop in Paris. They offered expensive swiss watches but also a NOS 6105-8119 for 2450,-euro and a NOS6138-3000 for 2100 euro. This watches are really breathtaking. The NOS6138 is more impressive than a 3000euro Speedmaster Professional in the same shop.But these prices are a little confusing to me..
My 6309 shows me since 27years that the Seiko Quality is outstanding but...so much money for a Seiko???

·
Special Member
3,465 Posts
What would you pay for an automatic, hand winding capable chronograph with day date quickset in a cool design from the seventies in mint condition? Think about that :)

sent from my call and internet thingy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is it the complete package with box and papers? If so, its a bit of a stretch in price, but still decent compared to what would be floating around the bay etc.

·
Administrator
33,843 Posts
I have seen examples that were nearly NOS sell for more than that, in reality not a bad price compared to some i have seen go for big bucks if it is genuinly NOS with box/papers etc etc but unless i win the lottery tonight i won't be heading to Paris just yet, be nice to meet up with Clement though :)

·
Administrator
33,843 Posts
Yeah it would! but where has he gone...Clement-are you still with us?
He sold all his tools recently and I'm not sure I've seen him around since.......
he's still around Tom but you know what kids are like ? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts