The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Seiko-erz :)

Just wanted first off to say THANK YOU to all - been a lurker here for years and years and years, well, the other site but you know what I mean! Been a Seiko fan for a loooooooooooooong time - still have the 1984 Seiko SQ Pepsi pictured below and I bought it NEW, lol:

Ok - History: Rich has loved watches I think since when I was in the womb, lol. Then Rich did very well at work - not bragging, just explaining. THEN Rich said "Oh, I want something better than a Seiko - WRONG! Bought a bunch of Panerai, Rolex, Omega's all of these - I don't own these anymore, more on that...

Back to story - about a year ago went through major, fugly divorce - was GREAT for ME and GREAT for my boy's, BEST, really - all GOOD :)

But - so went the 4 higher end watches Panerai and Rolex included. Then, the "dark Year" where I basically stuck to G-Shock, screw watches, hate everyone, etc. Bad. BUT - here I AM. Always lurked, always looked at the new models, did it all.

And NOW - HI!

Just secured my first 6309 7040 from 1971!!! Yeah!! I will post pics but consider you all to have a new memeber, if you will accept me!

Cheers!
Rich

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Hello Rich. Welcome to the fun house. That's some collection of former watches you have there. Its funny how many people walk away from Japan only to return in a few years.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Welcome Rich, glad to see your collection.
I see you like your watches with some size and presence. 8)

I can relate to that. ;)

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Great story, Rich - glad you decided to post! I'm wearing my 6309-7040 right now. It's such a great "go to" watch, and amazingly accurate after 26 years, too. I'll bet it becomes one of your faves.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
nice collection Rich and welcome aboard. It is always great to see long time readers decide to join the fray and start posting. Great collection BTW.

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
RichM1966 said:
Hello fellow Seiko-erz :)

Just wanted first off to say THANK YOU to all - been a lurker here for years and years and years, well, the other site but you know what I mean! Been a Seiko fan for a loooooooooooooong time - still have the 1984 Seiko SQ Pepsi pictured below and I bought it NEW, lol:

[/quote]

Welcome aboard Rich. Sweet Pepsi! Good to see another one out there.
[IMG]

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
309 Posts
Every dark cloud has a silver lining. O:)
I'm glad that you are now "here" with us!

Good to see that you just jumped right on in with those great pics!

Angelis :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts