The Watch Site banner

Non japanese popular watch you don't like

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  nzwatchdoctor 
#1 · (Edited)
We have a thread going on the japanese discussion forum about watches everyone loves but you don't. All the comments have been on popular seiko models, so let's hear what you have to say about popular non japanese watches you don't like.
I'll start it off by nominating the omega SMP; it's freaking ugly IMO specially the bracelet and bezel grip or lack of grip. Was it designed to be turned with a creasent wrench? I dislike everything about that model and dont see why it's still popular.

#2 ·
Well, I don't know what this thread will turn into. But I'll join in! The problem is if course that I don't like 98% if the watches out there ... But one that seems to be liked, and I just don't get, is the Tudor Black Bay. Must admit it looks good when photographed though ...

#3 ·
Ray, I think bork has a point as to why you're not getting much on this. I own mostly what I like...there are many I like and can't own...too expensive and I only have two arms (which don't even offer much real estate for display)! The rest, I just don't care for...so this would be a long list to post. To give you something, however: Tag...very popular...decently executed...decent to service...just don't personally like the appearance of most of them...and casing parts/bracelets pricing is obscene. Breitling chronographs...too big...to gaudy...and casing parts (eg gold screws in bezels) love to break...not only will I not own one, we no longer service them (although I like the vintage models). Don't like anything Cartier makes either...in fact if the maker has a "French" name, casing is usually abysmal to work on (with some exceptions). So there you have it...just didn't want you to think you were being ignored...Regards, BG

#4 ·
Thanks BG, appreciate it.
Well, you know, it just occurred to me as I was going over the original thread that it was all Seiko models unless I missed something. Anyway, just wanted to mention the smp. Completely, agree with you on the brietling and would add that I dislike the angled links on their bracelets and the obsession with polished surfaces. Definetly don't care for the Cartier watches....lol.

#5 ·
Here's another; the tudor pelagos.
For its price range it seems dull, I know it's titanum, but I mean the aesthetics of the whole watch. It might be the width of the besel insert from the top, and the disproportionate look of the thin bezel and thick flat case from the side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.