The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Yorkiesknob is back in the saddle from sunny Brisbane.
Had a rather long lay off watch wise these last few years due to many different things going on in life.

Just recently gave up work after 50yrs in the construction game. So with spare time at hand its back to the watch addiction game. Actually forgot how many and what models I have. The wife has done a a spread sheet with photos and details which is a god send reference wise.

Anyways expect me to be an active member of the group again. Already had a few tips off Kue (Kwan) from London as I'm having a go at my 1st every watch movement tear down and rebuild 6139B. Which is going OK with assistance from others and losing the odd screw here and there.
So took this photo today for your viewing pleasure. All date from 1972,2 are Jan and July the other.
Cheers Tony

·
Registered
24,636 Posts
Holy Crap, Long time ...................................................Welcome back......:cool:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sweet!! Sounds like you're in a great zone! Welcome back to your fun focus!! AND, amazing little trio there!!!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do Travel Guide books make good recommendations on where to pickup up Amazing Vintage Seiko 6105s ;) Beautiful Watches :)
No they don't. Was in Japan last year. Visited a few watch 2nd hand stores . No deal to be found for me. Prices sky high.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for the kind words. Already back in the pool at the deep end. Sportura 7T82 new module on the way. Two 6309 and two 7548 to tidy up, project 6139 still on going and a Bulova auto none runner to practice on. Plus a big queue behind them. Yes Kwan the 6139 is still ticking and toking away , thanks. Enjoy the weekend Cheers T

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Welcome back
Great to have u with us
Beautiful pic of some incredible watches
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Tony,

Welcome back. We’re not far from each other. I’m in Port Douglas.

It would be nice to catch up sometime.

Best Regards, Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Tony Sir So Good To See you Back my Friend.Its Been a Long Time🙈🙈🙈
Funny how Life and Sometimes Health get in the Way👏👏👏

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Mike, nice part of Qld. Never being up there, but its on the wife's bucket list. So you never know a catchup might be on the books . Cheers T

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry Tony,

There’s a place called Yorkey’s Knob just outside Cairns. I wrongly assumed that you may live close by. My wife just told me I got the spelling wrong also.

Glad to see you back all the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No problem Mike , your missus is right. Brisbane is home now. 40yrs+ now in Aussie now.I get my forum name from my Yorkshire heritage.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome back Tony, some lovely looking 6105’s there and look forward to seeing the others in the collection in due course. I also had a long gap from the forum for reasons I can’t quite recall but it’s a great place and such a vast wealth of information.:)

Cheers
Neil

1 - 20 of 20 Posts