The Watch Site banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Rolex
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hu everyone. It is time!!! I wanna start up a watch collection on a low level and with limited budget. Porsche design Flat Six automatic Steinhart Pro Diver WMT Homage- Rolex, Timex limited models...if fast enough to get clocks ..like the NNO7 and Hyoerbeat m79 models...and similar.

I do not have Any interest in designerwatch, vintage from india, replika or clones... Super clones is tempting, but I wanna keep an honest collection...

So where to begin, what to take in considerand what absolutely not to do?! Any kind of experiences from your own timeluggage...pls fejl free to share.... if you had 200, 500 and a 1000 bucks to spend, which watches would you "kill" for...馃槵馃榿馃樂馃嚛馃嚢馃憤

Pls, help me out and propably many many other newbee's

TYVM

ITS NOT ALFA TO HAVE A OMEGA ...!!酶

Registered
Rolex
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And sorry for my spelling, I forgot to turn on the light on my bike...

Premium Member
Seiko is the place to start. They have something for everyone, from the Seiko 5 up to GS.

You're 100% right about not being interested in fakes.

There's a good video on YouTube on the SNXS79 in which the (respected) reviewer states that the quality is so good and for so little money that it completely destroys any argument for buying a fake.

I'd post a link but I don't know if I'm allowed to. But a quick Google will find it.

Special Member
All of my pics for those price points involve shopping for a pre-owned, one of the great things about horology and watch collecting is that there are very few times I feel it remotely necessary to purchase BNIB from an AD. Patience and almost every model will get re-sold without having hardly been worn and unless it is one of those models made with "unobtanium" it will be resold at a substantial discount. I really think the hunt and the capture are a lot of fun, some feel the same about buying sad watches and rehabilitating them, so the hunt then is for parts. Then there is the modding community that has expanded exponentially to the point where even someone new to watches can create a unique watch just for them. Auction bargain hunting whether on ebay or YahooJapan can be problematic for a newcomer, just sayin. My personal advice is to attempt to only buy keepers and then keep them, you will thank me in 25 years :) This watch was my 1st "big money" watch purchase and at the time in 1981 I way overspent at $200, it was pre-owned from Nov 1979, now 40 years later and having posted it for sale a couple of times through the years I am so glad I never sold it.
Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

1 - 4 of 4 Posts