The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am fairly new to watch collecting but have acquired a few nice Seikos over the last 6 months, I have been bitten by the bug and I love Seikos.
I have this 8306-8020 Business A and am confused about the 2 numbers on the back as I haven't seen it before it has stamped 8306/46. And help would be much appreciated. This site is awesome, lots of clever members and lots of information.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
hooky73- Welcome to the forum I am sure you will find your answer. Keep looking and keep posting. Perhaps a closer picture may help those with poorer vision. I hope you enjoy your time here. There are seemingly endless avenues of research and interest here, keep asking and stay involved. You are liable to get more help the more you ask the more you post, again WELCOME !:)

·
Administrator
33,234 Posts
Hi and welcome, I have never seen that case before either, interesting :)

ps: The more I look at that case back the more I like it !! :)

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Now that is something unusual. Looks to be the real deal to my eyes and not someone goofing around. If I had to guess a dual purpose case back? Why I could not even begin to guess as I have never seen anything like it but if you did stamp a case like that why else would you? I hope someone comes along and actually knows for sure what this is because I would love to know.

Michael

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for your input, as I said, I'm only new to this fun Seiko world but have never seen this, or the one piece case, is this common?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi
I think yours is an 8346-8020 not a 8306-8020 , jules borel list both models, as was mentioned earlier I think it's the same one piece case used for two models, I have something similar on an old quartz case back.

seikola

·
Registered
184 Posts
Seiko used the same one piece case for 2 movements

The 8306 is the 30 jewel movement and the 8346 is the 27 jewel movement. Google seiko 8306-8020 and there is a very good article by "Watchbloke".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts