The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Just registered today. Thought by way of introduction I would post pics of my latest acquisitions.
I had browsed the old forum but found it very hard to follow threads. This looks like a great improvement.
I know very little about these 6105-8110's so any comments will be greatly received.
I'm specifically looking for any information re the different heights of the crystals. Not sure if pics are good enough (Have just found an 'archived' thread saying that there were 4 different variations of the crystal under the same ref no.)
The originality of the bezels - and what to look for.
Any owners comments re wearing on the waffle strap. I have been advised to swap it but all the horror stories of snapping vintage rubber seem to be at least 2nd hand, so what's the consensus on here?
The one without the strap came from it's original owner in Texas. It's currently missing a movement/case ring but will go on either an olive or black Nato when I can afford the service.
The one on the waffle came from England via a well known auction site.
I'm living 'Down Under' in Brisbane.
Hopefully I can get some daylight pics taken soon. These were done inside a plastic storage container, on the dining table under my dodgy lamp.
Any tips re correctly sizing pics, or any mistakes I've made also greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys

Ian

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
These pics are added as attachments. Thats different than the insert image which redirects to an outside link that has photos in it.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Welcome Ian!

You seem to have figured it out! :D Very, very nice watches too! :eek:

Is it okay if I hate you a little?? ;D I really need to get a nice 6105, and some 6409s! :-[

- Thomas "MotoWatch"

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Time said:
These pics are added as attachments. Thats different than the insert image which redirects to an outside link that has photos in it.
Sorry. Is this a problem? I can try and "insert image" if necessary. The pics are in Photobucket but I reloaded them onto my computer and added as attachments as I wasn't sure what the http:/ link should be.

EDIT: Think I'm there now ;D

·
Banned
9 Posts
Very nice watches!! I've been trying to buy one of those on a steel bracelet for months now with no luck!! Welcome!! :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Great Photos, thanks for showing. These watches have a wonderful case design, they are definitely one of my grails!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Emeister said:
Sorry. Is this a problem? I can try and "insert image" if necessary. The pics are in Photobucket but I reloaded them onto my computer and added as attachments as I wasn't sure what the http:/ link should be.

EDIT: Think I'm there now ;D
If you are using Photobucket copy and paste the img link.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Hello there! Double 6105's, you mean business. Coming in with those big guns blazin. ;)
Very nice indeed brother. You've come to the right place.

I'd post mine, but not until I can restore the eyesore or else flip it. :(
Yours look nice. ;)

Cheers,Dave.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

lunasonata said:
wow nice acquisitions! why did you get 2? 1 to keep n 1 to wear? ;)
I had decided that I preferred the 6105-8000 and was looking for a birth year '68.
Then I found the first 8110 which was a one owner. Worn by a US Navy Search & Rescue aircrewman 8) so I grabbed that one ;D
Then I was on another forum doing some research and one of the guys posted a 'heads up' that there was a 8110 on waffle on the bay with a BIN price. It just so happened it was pay day so grabbed that one too ::)
Greedy I know, but can't see myself parting with either.
Still waiting to hear if anyone regularly wears theirs on the waffle?
I "had a cup of harden the ***k up" the other day and strapped it on for some daylight wrist photo's. Unfortunately I had forgotten to stick the memory card in the camera :'( so they are saved in the camera's memory. It's going to take me a couple of days to find all the cables and instructions to get those pics online, or maybe I should do the obvious and retake the pics ::) . Technology is fantastic that we can all share so much information, if only I could keep up.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Emeister said:
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

I had decided that I preferred the 6105-8000 and was looking for a birth year '68.
Then I found the first 8110 which was a one owner. Worn by a US Navy Search & Rescue aircrewman 8) so I grabbed that one ;D
Then I was on another forum doing some research and one of the guys posted a 'heads up' that there was a 8110 on waffle on the bay with a BIN price. It just so happened it was pay day so grabbed that one too ::)
Greedy I know, but can't see myself parting with either.
Still waiting to hear if anyone regularly wears theirs on the waffle?
I "had a cup of harden the ***k up" the other day and strapped it on for some daylight wrist photo's. Unfortunately I had forgotten to stick the memory card in the camera :'( so they are saved in the camera's memory. It's going to take me a couple of days to find all the cables and instructions to get those pics online, or maybe I should do the obvious and retake the pics ::) . Technology is fantastic that we can all share so much information, if only I could keep up.

Hi Most I know, and myself included will not wear the Waffles, Recently a Respected member sold Two looked NOS both Broke, shortly after the Sale.

I was sent a perfect waffle on a 6105 it came Broke snapped during the Mailing??

I have three, some have one for all there 6105s cause they look Great, I have Two NOS I will not wear them?/

Now the 6105-8110 on the Waffle starp looks Beautiful and to my eye ORG 100% and the Crystals appear to be the Doomed ones

Every thing looks great Dial Bezel .insert hands Case Lines on the Case back all looks to be a very nice 6105.

The other one, looks to be a bit more needing??? but still Nice.

As far as Hacking and Locking usually two concerns and it sounds like you as someone else said Came to SCWF Guns a Blaze n with Two
6105s Nice way to Show up lol

In time, may be able to help you with your searching for a 1968--6105-8000 Need a few weeks to get organized, but That should be not all That hard to Find.

There was only three yrs 68 to 70 so I think you will find your Birth year IMO the 8000 has won my Wrist never thought that could happen
I still Adore my 811Xs but the 8000 I find My Favorite 6105

Good Luck and Welcome
Seikozen

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Seikozen said:
Hi Most I know, and myself included will not wear the Waffles, Recently a Respected member sold Two looked NOS both Broke, shortly after the Sale.

I was sent a perfect waffle on a 6105 it came Broke snapped during the Mailing??

I have three, some have one for all there 6105s cause they look Great, I have Two NOS I will not wear them?/

Now the 6105-8110 on the Waffle starp looks Beautiful and to my eye ORG 100% and the Crystals appear to be the Doomed ones

Every thing looks great Dial Bezel .insert hands Case Lines on the Case back all looks to be a very nice 6105.

The other one, looks to be a bit more needing??? but still Nice.

As far as Hacking and Locking usually two concerns and it sounds like you as someone else said Came to SCWF Guns a Blaze n with Two
6105s Nice way to Show up lol

In time, may be able to help you with your searching for a 1968--6105-8000 Need a few weeks to get organized, but That should be not all That hard to Find.

There was only three yrs 68 to 70 so I think you will find your Birth year IMO the 8000 has won my Wrist never thought that could happen
I still Adore my 811Xs but the 8000 I find My Favorite 6105

Good Luck and Welcome
Seikozen
i wear the "original" waffles i got from G, all the time w/o any issue at all. i don't baby them either :D do u have the matte ones or the shiney waffles? the shiney ones are the ones i've been wearing for over a year....this is not just one strap either; i have a total of 3 on various watches.

<* shark >>><

1 - 20 of 22 Posts