The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I've been keeping my fingers out of this hobby intentionally for a while. I'm sure many people here can understand how easy it can be to slip into an obsessive new passion if you aren't careful!

My only two watches at the moment are a basic Eco-Drive field and a Suunto Ambit3 Peak that I bought, thinking I'd use it more than I do. But lately the itch for a vintage diver (I know, so typical) has grown enough that I had to learn more. I've already seen a great deal of helpful information here over the last few weeks while trying to separate the truth from advertisements and learn how to spot fakes, so thanks for making such a knowledgeable and helpful community.

Park

·
Special Member
13,344 Posts
Hi Park - welcome to the forums. Lots of super helpful people here and a wealth of knowledge to help you steer clear of watch mistakes. Lots of love for divers too!
Enjoy the stay!

Reactions: Park Swan

·
Registered
448 Posts
Welcome I think everyone needs at least a few vintage divers, so no better time to start :) And since everyone likes to see pics here, hint hint, here are 3 vintage divers of mine that I think are worthy targets. In posting this I am seeing that I need to wear my 6309, no wrist shots of it.
6119 backyard.jpg
ghost pepsi mn.jpg
2.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Park - welcome to the forums. Lots of super helpful people here and a wealth of knowledge to help you steer clear of watch mistakes. Lots of love for divers too!
Enjoy the stay!
Thanks! Already helped me steer clear of a few not-so-original "all original" deals. Not that I am against the mods, although some can be garish!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome I think everyone needs at least a few vintage divers, so no better time to start :) And since everyone likes to see pics here, hint hint, here are 3 vintage divers of mine that I think are worthy targets. In posting this I am seeing that I need to wear my 6309, no wrist shots of it.
View attachment 469533 View attachment 469534 View attachment 469535
Beautiful! I have to admit I don't know the top piece. Still learning. The second is definitely my style. I'm guessing an early SKX? I don't actually know what's technically vintage :) But I think not a 7002 because of the day window...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Beautiful! I have to admit I don't know the top piece. Still learning. The second is definitely my style. I'm guessing an early SKX? I don't actually know what's technically vintage :) But I think not a 7002 because of the day window...
The 1st is a 6119-6023 from 1970, the 2nd is a SKX009 from 2004 and the last is a 6309-7049 from 1979, all three are fairly easy to find in good condition, with the usual caveats. Welcome and good luck, so many vintage Seiko divers to choose from.

·
Special Member
2,836 Posts
Welcome, you will be assimilated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts