The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Gents,

First and foremost, I am a big time Seiko Fan. Most of my collection consists of Seikos, ranging from a SKX007, 6309-7040, MM300, and incoming a GS SBGA029. I have also had a Tuna and a Sumo at one point, but those did not make the cut. Recently I saw the Bell-Matics. I was hooked. I love a mechanical alarm, as I find it to be one of the neatest complications available. So I hit up the bay, and came across this guy:

ebay.com/itm/231236783486?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648&autorefresh=true

Only issue, is that I have no clue what I bought, lol. I was hoping that you guys could shed some light, or point me in the right direction as to a bit of research for it. The only thing that I know is that it's 17 jewels, and was made in June '76.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best Regards,
John

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
We discourage links to active auctions...

But this one seems to have concluded, plus, as pollyc pointed out, that is a classic "Franken-Belle" combination of mismatched case, caseback, dial, hands... the whole magilla. Let's hope that "best offer" wasn't very high (especially if someone was looking for an authentic/original Bell-matic).
:welcome: to SCWF and this subforum! :great:

Hello Gents,

First and foremost, I am a big time Seiko Fan. Most of my collection consists of Seikos, ranging from a SKX007, 6309-7040, MM300, and incoming a GS SBGA029. I have also had a Tuna and a Sumo at one point, but those did not make the cut. Recently I saw the Bell-Matics. I was hooked. I love a mechanical alarm, as I find it to be one of the neatest complications available. So I hit up the bay, and came across this guy:

ebay.com/itm/231236783486?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648&autorefresh=true

Only issue, is that I have no clue what I bought, lol. I was hoping that you guys could shed some light, or point me in the right direction as to a bit of research for it. The only thing that I know is that it's 17 jewels, and was made in June '76.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best Regards,
John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't think that it was an original. I am OK with the refurbished or aftermarket parts fortunately. Luckily the price was only $115, so I don't think it was too bad.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
beauty in the eye, right?

I had some very attractive Frankens myself. ;)

I didn't think that it was an original. I am OK with the refurbished or aftermarket parts fortunately. Luckily the price was only $115, so I don't think it was too bad.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts