The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new convert to Seiko and decided to buy a cheap one to begin with.
I know its not expensive if it is a fake.

What do you guys think?
Only had 2 mins to decide.

EBay # 151346160124

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the confirmation and the welcome. Can't wait for it to get here.
Not sure if I like the strap yet but I'll wait to judge it in the flesh.

·
Registered
111 Posts
...unless the seller is one of these real crooks who removes what's inside, that is one hell of a watch! Congrats on your good taste: not everybody understands the beauty of these "5"... and the price, that is just amazing too. BRAVO!!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...unless the seller is one of these real crooks who removes what's inside, that is one hell of a watch! Congrats on your good taste: not everybody understands the beauty of these "5"... and the price, that is just amazing too. BRAVO!!
Thanks.

Yeah, spotted a seller in Mumbai with loads of "Serviced" vintage watches that looked filthy inside but immaculate feedback. Then I spotted another seller from Mumvai with horrendous feedback but the details section was exactly the same so looks like he created new profile.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Welcome to the best forum you have joined

Welcome and enjoy your stay, hope its a long one.
I am LongBike from hawaii

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
well great find and glad to have you with us...John

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Ah the fair old town of Heathrow. Armpit of the UK. It looks to be a Jan 1978 watch :) Like the old square shaped Seiko's. Very stylish.

I hope you enjoy it :)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its finally here.

More pics will follow, gonna take them in a better light.

It came packed in thick spongy cellophane over the case, then completeley wrapped in bubble wrap and finally inside a Tupperware box. Not even Royal Mail could damage that :D

Sorta sad I said I'd give it to my brother as a belated birthday gift :( but he has helped me out immensely lately so he deserves it.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Couple more before I hand it over :(

Push day adjust works as does the date and time, second hand is a sweep.
Will eventually open it to check movement, once I pluck up the courage :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice :cool: Keep the watch and buy your bro a pizza instead!
Haha, can't, told him what was coming. Gave it to him today, he loved it.
I will have to clean it up and I want to replace the acrylic crystal even though he said he prefers it a bit scuffed.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Your welcome to bring it over to my workshop and polish the crystal and clean the case up here free of charge. I'm in Worcester Park in Surrey in the KT4 postcode if that helps.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts