The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Special Member
9,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got home to my bench with this new MM300 SBDC017 via a F2F trade+cash swap while on my trip. Always a bit risky because the timekeeping aspect is unknown until long after the seller leaves and if a scammer is in the wind.

This being a monocoque case design I am less eager to open and regulate and being an 8L means I don't have the nerve to try :)

So there's horrendous beat error think it's ok as-is or send off the Seiko Service Center?
Watch Analog watch Light Product Clock

late add:

Tongue firmly placed in cheek here.

The 8L35 lived up to its advanced billing quite well, especially for a 6 year old watch.

I am quite chuffed to confirm it is running so well.

·
Craftsman
2,475 Posts
Jon - The 8L35 should easily run 260s - 280s in amplitude. I could service an 8L35 but a special tool is needed to remove the rotor. Most guys like Simon and Adrian have simply made something up on a lathe or 3D printer to solve this problem. I do not have that luxury. I would love to work on one of these one day if I could obtain the right tool for the rotor.

·
Special Member
9,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks John, I do see the amplitude is down a bit. It's 6 years old with unknown percentage up time, but I was very much just kidding about needing a service despite the beat error. That 1 spd is way more than I need out of it.

Normally I'd open it up and tweak the B lever to take out the B.E. but I am very much not willing to take on an 8L myself. So yes if it gets to where I need some help I will look you up.

I've torn down and replaced 1000m tunas and such with the 1-pc case not to mention LMs and other such 'open thru glass' design cass so that's not going to slow me down. But the 8L35 caliber is something I will leave to you pros.

I wrecked a 4S that had to go to Adrian for rebuild so I learned a valuable lesson - don't learn lessons on something valuable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.