The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On a definite cushion-case kick at the moment and wanted a quartz for those grab and go moments to so in addition to an incoming Orient Devario I snatched up this:

I also thought it might go some way to affordably scratching the (for me) unattainable 6105 diver itch - I think it's rather like a cross between a 6309-704X and a 6105-8000 but with my favourite kind of citizen hands...

The strap was very brittle so rather than boiling it I'll save it in case of resale. Will probably buy a new tropic style strap but for the purposes of comparative pictures I've put it on the same style of strap as my 6309:

Strap aside (weirdly for such a similar watch the the 6309, I don't like the leather strap at all), I'm definitely a fan! What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,163 Posts
I Really like the Citizen design, Especially the crown at 3:00 Now I feel the need..........

·
Administrator
33,861 Posts
I Really do need a nice Citizen diver, congratulations :)

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
That Looks Great

Really like that big case on that one too. Now I am like DAHASCO
getting a itch and thinking about it. Like th diver look but that's a
looker too. I don't have a Diver watch model looking like that one
and the ...... (3:00 Crown ), so that is a winner to have.
Just love those hands too.:72::great::13:

Can I have the Citizens model, Movement and case numbers please ?
I have those hands here already.
See I am itching already ................:72:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the comments guys - perhaps misguidedly, I wasn't expecting so much admiration for a quartz model - I do love it though, especially those hands. And the Kanji day wheel was a lovely surprise!

Being a Seiko guy I don't really understand the citizen serial numbers, but I think it is 4-732316. I think it's a late 70s/early 80s model, so quite a bit older than the NH8030 melt posted, though I have also been looking out for one of those. My rationale? In case I have a small wrist day - addicted to cushion cases, me?

What do people think about putting it on a timefactors waffle strap (lugs are 20mm which rules out WJean's waffle strap...)? It's a bit different from the original strap, which has a 'stepped shoulder' but since this is my poor man's 6105...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There really is surprisingly little info about this watch around - just searched the forums and funnily enough the one old thread I found about the watch had much respected forumer Russell (Seikozen) wanting to trade a 6105 for one – if only I'd had it back then!

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
great watch..i had seen it and loved it too

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
i really like this watch more i look at it....

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys. Already getting a lot of wrist time - will post more pics when I decide on a new strap!

What's model?

Mario, see post #12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mario24601
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.