The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seiko SNDF87, SNDF95, SNDD93, SSB013, SNDF93. It's nice to see Seiko going back to their roots for some of their models :)

SNDF93

SNDF87

SNDF95

SNDD93

SSB013

·
Registered
238 Posts
Out of all of those the one I like the best is the SSB013. It's a chronograph that can pass as a dress watch, particularly if worn on the right wrist. The others are a tad too busy for me despite the fact that I own a 7T92 which is in bits at the moment.

But as the saying goes "One man's meat is another man's poison?"

Regards

David

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
I've thought about buying the SSB, especially since it's a meca quartz (the chrono hand snaps back like a mechanical chrono would). But the dials are just a bit too small for my liking. Now I have a SNDF93, but I am not really a fan of the quartz chrono reset... Also, it's quite big on the wrist.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I had one last week(sold it to my boss) - well built and good vfm but quite hard to read (white face)
although I did pick this up on eBay yesterday

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
I also have a 7T32 in panda configuration, although it has a tachymeter bezel:

Stil waiting for a heart transplant, though. I got it for 15 Euros, but the cell had leaked.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
those are some very beautiful watches...great find for sure

·
Registered
157 Posts
The only problem is you can pickup a very nice vintage version for less money than the new ones and have the actual vintage piece...

I would definitely prefer that than buying a retro styled piece. I will say that I feel that Seiko was ahead of their time on many of their vintages watches...they still look good and stylish today.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
They look very nice in particular the second one pictured :)

I like the pushers.
What kept me from buying the second one was the blue outer bezel. I cannot imagine it will survive unscathed from the daily grind...

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
It's blue.

It does look fantastic. My issue with a quartz chrono is that you can't leave the chrono seconds hand running full time (those I've had auto stopped after a while to save the battery). I hate looking down at a stationary sweep seconds hand. If only they made the chrono seconds hand selectable to the sub dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a Seiko quartz chrono from the early 80's and the seconds hand doesn't stop....ever. The 1/10 of a second sub dial does stop but that's it...

I don't know how I would feel if my chrono seconds hand stopped...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts