The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here have been a Seiko owner for years and have my first Seiko dive watch 5H26-7A19 that I have worn for 24 years and finally crapped the bed. Would like to refurbish as it has sentimental value to me. It was a gift from my mom and I wore it for 16 of my 24 years in the military. It would at a minimum need new case, bezel, crystal not sure of internal servicing. It cost 325 new back in 1990. Not sure what it would cost to refurbish. Hope someone could point me in the right direction thanks Gene

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I might be able to help you out with spare parts for the 5H26 movement. I do not repair watches as a business or for profit. I do it strictly as a hobby and for mental therapy. I do however have an extensive collection of used parts. Everything from complete spare movements to individual parts for many Seiko model made between the 1960 though models used into the late 90's. The crystal might even be a problem. Seiko number 310W76HN01. I have a lot of obsolete and hard to find numbers but I don't have this one. If you know what parts you need I can look to see if I have it. I typically do not sell my inventory but if you are stuck and can't find what you need I will help you out if I can.

Michael

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am going to have to have it serviced to I'd parts it will need appreciate the comment and will definitely hit you up Michael once I figure it out. I am going to do some research as I need a new hobby and really like my Seiko's! I did not realize how much I liked them but there the only watch brand I wear! Lol 5 and counting! Somehow the movement on my watch spun in the case but the stem still moves the date/time not sure what happened there!Thanks Gene

Attachments

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Also keep in mind the 5H26 does share some parts with the much more common 5H23 like the module board. though not the coil.

Michael

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I am going to have to have it serviced to I'd parts it will need appreciate the comment and will definitely hit you up Michael once I figure it out. I am going to do some research as I need a new hobby and really like my Seiko's! I did not realize how much I liked them but there the only watch brand I wear! Lol 5 and counting! Somehow the movement on my watch spun in the case but the stem still moves the date/time not sure what happened there!Thanks Gene
Usually means the pins broke off the dial. I have a spare module board but you could probably source one on your own by purchasing any Seiko with a running 5H22 or 5H23 movement. They are pretty cheap on eBay even running. I take a look to see if the coil in the 5H26 is common to any other Seiko models if that is culprit. Good luck and let us know how you make out. I love the more unusual Seiko Diver or Sport models like these.

Michael

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Jules Borel have it.
I have been looking for one also and I buy from Jules & Borel all the time. On their website they have no 310W76HN01 crystal listed under Seiko original crystals or Seiko generic crystals. If I missed it can show me where they offer it because I need one too. Thanks

Michael

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
QUOTE=Noddy;1098866]CRY-12243 $11.xx hope this helps. I've no idea why it doesn't come up on their calibre page but if you put the Seiko number into Google with Jules Borel you'll find the generic number.[/QUOTE]

Noddy the numbers listed in the watch material guide in the link on the J&B page have nothing to do with the inventory that is actually available from J&B. I called them when I was trying to track down a Seiko crystal that was discontinued 330W25GN00. I saw that there was a substitute number CRY-3701 in the list but I could not find it on their site so I called. I was told by them that the data base was very old and they had absolutely no idea what the crystal numbers starting with the reference number CRY came from that are listed on that reference site. They told me all of the Seiko crystals they have available original or generic are listed on their site. You can not get a Seiko 310W76HN01 crystal from J&B.
I did however track one down at a place called Millsys Watch Co in the UK. If you need one I would grab if from them because you are not going to be able to just order one. You have to track one down from places carry discontinued crystals.

Michael

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all going to put it on the back burner till I get some more info and possibly find some donor watches going to make a new project for myself! Gene

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I like to collect the parts I seem to need first also before tearing into a restoration. If I were you pickup a running 5H22 or 5H23 movement and buy that crystal from Millsys before someone else grabs it. Then your ready to have some fun!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I hope your project turns out well. You don't see many of these on the forum. Here is mine from 1993.
Nice I love the oddball Quartz Seiko diver models. While everyone else is out there paying top dollar for the must have divers these models when they show up can be had relatively cheap The 5H26 the 7546 7548 6923 and even some 7123 and 7N43 powered Sport 100 models. Yes they can be a pain to find parts for sometimes but it is refreshing to see something other than an Arnie 6309 or 7002 diver now and then.

Michael

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still trying to track down a bezel and some new gaskets.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Still trying to track down a bezel and some new gaskets.
Now that's half the fun of restoring one of these less popular quartz divers! Tracking down parts and don't forget to check your cross reference guide. Sometimes that part you need is hiding in plain side disguised as a part for another movement!

Michael

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all! Mine was made in 1990 same year my oldest was born!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks I have a new crystal and gaskets and found the Bezel and crystal gasket at Jules so when that gets here I can start!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Glad to hear you tracked down some of the stuff. Like I said that's half the fun with these less popular models. I am in the middle of restoring an old 6309-836A Sports 100 watch. I am most likely going to have to make a whole new bezel insert because they are just not available but like I said that's half the fun. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Michael

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I might be able to help you out with spare parts for the 5H26 movement. I do not repair watches as a business or for profit. I do it strictly as a hobby and for mental therapy. I do however have an extensive collection of used parts. Everything from complete spare movements to individual parts for many Seiko model made between the 1960 though models used into the late 90's. The crystal might even be a problem. Seiko number 310W76GN00. I have a lot of obsolete and hard to find numbers but I don't have this one. If you know what parts you need I can look to see if I have it. I typically do not sell my inventory but if you are stuck and can't find what you need I will help you out if I can.

Michael
Oddly enough just two days ago I came across some new old stock of Seiko crystal number 300W76GN00. The seller had 4 or them I and I quickly grabbed them all. I was going to look back and find this thread and offer you one of them and put the rest in my inventory but it looks like you tracked down your own crystal. I was not actually looking for one but I came across the listing and the number caught my eye. I checked my inventory and indeed it was a number I was out of stock on and discontinued so I grabbed them. I have a couple of old diver models that use this number too that have been sidelined due to these hard to find crystals and bezel inserts. I think these older models the bezel and the bezel insert are all one part number on these if I'm not mistaken.

Michael

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Oddly enough just two days ago I came across some new old stock of Seiko crystal number 300W76GN00. The seller had 4 or them I and I quickly grabbed them all. I was going to look back and find this thread and offer you one of them and put the rest in my inventory but it looks like you tracked down your own crystal. I was not actually looking for one but I came across the listing and the number caught my eye. I checked my inventory and indeed it was a number I was out of stock on and discontinued so I grabbed them. I have a couple of old diver models that use this number too that have been sidelined due to these hard to find crystals and bezel inserts. I think these older models the bezel and the bezel insert are all one part number on these if I'm not mistaken.

Michael
Michael you are a gentleman and though the OP did not need your kind offer nonetheless I wanted to say it is was a nice gesture.

Merry Christmas !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts