The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kind of excited about this one. I bought a bezel insert from Harold (yabokies) last week as soon as I saw it available here on the forum & it turns out I'm his first customer for one. True to form, it arrived yesterday & it will be my weekend project to replace it (pictures to follow if all goes well!). Here's some shots of the old/new & side by side. This is a big improvement over the "NASCAR" numbers (as Gabe calls them) that has been the subject of one or two threads along the way. I'm sort of torn right now as I've really come to like the original one. Anyway, here's the pictures; as always, comments are welcome. What do you think??

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Though the new one looks VERY good, what's wrong with the stock one? I really don't understand why people don't like it ::) .
I think the fatter font goes very well with the fat case.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I like the new one. It appears to be more legible and it seems to draw your attentiion more to the dial and it's lovely indicies.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I never had a problem with the larger font numbers on the Sumo, in fact that's the reason I went with this bezel on a 6309 mod because I didn't feel like shelling out the dough when I could settle for mod-homage or should that be "homod?
Either one works there Paul and as they say, wear it in good health!

·
Registered
46 Posts
New bezel insert does look good. However it is not very different than hundreds of other models.
Original Sumo insert is quite unique, and while I also didn't like it much at the beginning, I would keep it now.
They both look good IMO. Actually, they both look excellent. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Like many others I always liked the original and as time went by it became more iconic to me. I'm curious to see the transformation when you're finished, it's going to look good either way. Yobokies makes great aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Finally! The Nascar insert is the only thing that has prevented me from putting the Sumo on my MUST HAVE list. The one from Harold looks classic.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Now I think I understand why Seiko made the font bold and wide. It's because they want to put the minute marker dots below the numbers and on "the other side" to make the bezel looks classier by being unbusy. But the lack of dots creates blank spaces so Seiko made the font fat and wide to "fill" them or to create more balance look.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts