The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since joining the forums a few months ago, I've dug through and read about watch modding quite a bit. I had a SKX009 (Pepsi bezel) but decided to get a new SKX007 to pull apart and mod. I bought all of the parts thinking I would send the watch off to have someone do it, but then decided, "What the heck?! I can do this!"

Here is my list of parts and where I got them:

Dial, bezel- Yobokies

Hands, bezel insert- DLW Watches

DD Sapphire Cryastal- CrystalTimes.net

Rubber strap- WJean (22mm Marine Master)

All of the tools (caseback wrench, crystal press, misc. toolset) I got on Amazon for less than I thought I would. I think it turned out pretty good. I watched a few modding videos on YouTube and a found a tutorial on Watchuseek with a bunch of pictures. The hardest part was setting all of the hands without a proper set of hand tools. I used a mini screwdriver, the strap tool, and pencil eraser to fit the hands. I also originally had a different chapter ring to put in, but it kept moving on me (no notch, like the stock ring), so I took the crystal back out and replaced the stock ring.

All in all, I think it'll be a pretty good daily wear for me!

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Looks good! I think the parts your picked all work well together. I like the sub bezel with that strap. Be warned, now that you've got tools and no fear, you'll be into another one very soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts