The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen this yet here, but the day we've been waiting (or dreading) for has come.

What can be considered a direct replacement to the beloved Seiko SKX007/9 has been released, under the new reference SRPDx.

All 27 variants, featuring "4R36, with 24 jewels, optional manual-winding, a 41-hour power reserve and a hacking second hand."

Gotta say, some look quite nice...if you get past the new '5' logo and 'automatic' writing on the dial.

Images and info: https://monochrome-watches.com/the-2019-seiko-5-new-and-revamped/

More info: https://www.seikowatches.com/global-en/products/5sports

Enjoy! :cool:

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Rather nice. The Superman-like 5 on the dial is an improvement on the infamous X imo. Price seems reasonable too. They should sell well.

Thanks for the share

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
I Like the applique Seiko badge, the dial colours and black day/date on some- but hate the bezel inserts, and that poxy '5' carbuncle.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
good to get as beaters. i don't know how anyone could tell the time w/ any of the street style variations. as john said, they will sell a boatload of them.

<* shark >>><

·
Poet Laureate
850 Posts
Ok, who will be the first of you to collect ALL of them. Also, anyone wanna buy an SKX?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
No screw down crown. Look forward to hearing how well they keep the water out for those who get in the ocean and pool a lot. I would like a slimmed down solar version with 200M screw down crown in the same dial/bezel configuration choices.

·
Registered
159 Posts
So is Seiko merging the SKX and Seiko 5 Sports lines? The new watches definitely match more up with the latter than the former, except in case design. I'll never find myself deeper than about 3-4 meters (if I'm further down than that my watch will be the least of my concerns...), so the depth rating doesn't bother me in the least. I just wish Seiko would go back to some of its earliest "5" designs, when the number was on the case back and the dial was left cleaner. These new ones would be perfect with just Seiko and Automatic - the new 5 logo is more than a bit strange...

·
Registered
941 Posts
So is Seiko merging the SKX and Seiko 5 Sports lines? The new watches definitely match more up with the latter than the former, except in case design. I'll never find myself deeper than about 3-4 meters (if I'm further down than that my watch will be the least of my concerns...), so the depth rating doesn't bother me in the least. I just wish Seiko would go back to some of its earliest "5" designs, when the number was on the case back and the dial was left cleaner. These new ones would be perfect with just Seiko and Automatic - the new 5 logo is more than a bit strange...
I think the SKX has always been informally a part of the 5 series. They almost always seem fitted with a Seiko 5 tag at the store.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Thank The Stars, anything other than the XXXXX I kinda like the Superman S also and the Ability to Hand Wind and Hack makes this a Great bargain imho. If Diving is wanted there are many other Seiko's that have Screw-down Crowns-or higher Depth rating? Very Nice Choices. One for every TASTE. I wonder if the Black Day/date is available on any others than the V/N Blue Dialed?
Russell

1 - 20 of 68 Posts