The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried on the SUN021 and holy moly that rubber was sweet. I believe it's a new rubber compound used for the prospex and Astron lines.

Anybody know where I can buy a straight fit 22mm rubber with this material?
I believe it's a silicon/rubber compound.

·
Special Member
7,262 Posts
I tried on the SUN021 and holy moly that rubber was sweet. I believe it's a new rubber compound used for the prospex and Astron lines.

Anybody know where I can buy a straight fit 22mm rubber with this material?
I believe it's a silicon/rubber compound.
Try Seiko USA Customer Service. They gladly sell replacement parts.

Or post here on the Trading Post as a "WTB" ad. WTB ads do not require any post counts.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try Seiko USA Customer Service. They gladly sell replacement parts.

Or post here on the Trading Post as a "WTB" ad. WTB ads do not require any post counts.
Perhaps I need to refine the question; Is there a 22mm strap in this new compound? The SUN is 24mm and the new monster is 20mm. I know the SD tuna is 22mm, but that buckle is PVD, and the price is over $100.

So is there another 22mm strap?

·
Researcher
5,276 Posts
If it is available in 22mm - the chances are that it'll be priced very similarly to the tuna rubber straps , for instance http://c-watch.co.jp/ww/partsa.html
It could be silicone - maybe someone who owns the watch could comment if it's a lint/dust magnet, like most silicone straps.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If it is available in 22mm - the chances are that it'll be priced very similarly to the tuna rubber straps , for instance http://c-watch.co.jp/ww/partsa.html
It could be silicone - maybe someone who owns the watch could comment if it's a lint/dust magnet, like most silicone straps.
I don't think any of those are the new compound, since they are all for old watch models. This is a brand new compound seen first with the spring drive tuna (I think).

·
Researcher
5,276 Posts
I don't think any of those are the new compound, since they are all for old watch models. This is a brand new compound seen first with the spring drive tuna (I think).
I didn't at any point, say that they were - I merely pointed to the fact that if you want to buy one- even if it were available, it would be expensive (as you seemed to be balking at the $100 price tab earlier).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts