The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Seiko has broadened its cooperation with LOWERCASE and is now offering a variety of Tuna-styled digitals:

As you can see there are five models, two of them limited editions. They feature the solar digital caliber S802. They are housed in a plastic case, the bezel is aluminum.
Measurements as per website are: Vertical 49.89 mm × Width 49.52 mm × Thickness 14.14 mm

They have a diving bezel and are indeed 200m water proof. How do you use a diving bezel with a digital watch? Seiko has the answer! They have a minute track that fills up on the outer rim of the dial:

They also feature dual-time and solar charging. A nifty feature is the EL display, which is activated by tapping the crystal.

Here is the website (use the Chrome browser to translate it automatically):
https://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/prospex/land/fieldmaster/lowercase_digital

And here are the features:
https://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/prospex/land/fieldmaster/lowercase_digital/features

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Good to see - thanks

But odd. But i like them despite myself.

Suspect they wont be much cheaper than an analogue they - and it sort of feels they should be .

The touch/tap screen would worry me - Tissot did one similar - and apparently it distinctly unreliable

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
I really like these too and especially the minute track that fills up on the outer rim of the dial :cool:

Sorry if already mentioned but when will these be available?

Edit: Will be released May 2018 according to Seiko Japan Website.

·
Premium Member
11,050 Posts
Oh those are very cool. And if I did my $$$ conversion correctly, not out of reach price wise.

thanks for sharing !!!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
The price is next to each of the watches on the image above.

They will sell for between US$255-275 including the limited edition models.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Huh, not usually something that would appeal to me on paper, but darned if I don't like the look of them. May have to try one out...

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I'm tempted by these, especially this one. Be nice to have when I run/workout, rather than strapping an old OM to my wrist.

·
Registered
616 Posts
If they make one without the inverted lcd I would be interested, they are cool looking inverted but not very legible in poor lighting conditions.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
If they make one without the inverted lcd I would be interested, they are cool looking inverted but not very legible in poor lighting conditions.
I think the EL lighting will make it legible in most situations. If you tap the crystal the backlight will come on so that should eliminate most of the situations that a negative LCD do not work in.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I really like it, especially the digital + real timing bezel concept
unfortunately seems that the case is resin (not only the shroud) and this is a bit of a let down for me.

·
Registered
143 Posts
"The case measures: H49.9mm x W49.5mm x D14.1mm with a lug-width of 21mm and a weight of 80g. The case is fitted with a turning diver’s bezel, case-back secured via 4x screws and 200 meters of water-resistance."

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2018/04/seiko-prospex-fieldmaster-digital.html

Not sure what to make of the case back. I take it that would be like the one found on G-shocks?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,744 Posts
It does sound like a G-Shock caseback. Most of those are rated at 200m.

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you go to the official website posted above by Mr.Jones, and click on the silver lugs model (the limited one on a NATO strap), there is a pic of the back of the watch

sorry I'm on mobile, but anyway yes it has definitely a G-Shock style caseback

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you go to the official website posted above by Mr.Jones, and click on the silver lugs model (the limited one on a NATO strap), there is a pic of the back of the watch

sorry I'm on mobile, but anyway yes it has definitely a G-Shock style caseback
Good catch. A lot more info there I hadn't seen. I can't see that pic for some reason but I have a reasonable idea of what it will look like.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts