The Watch Site banner

New Seiko models

17K views 109 replies 25 participants last post by  Enthusiasm 
#1 ·
I thought it might be best to post these for discussion in a new model discussion thread. Rather than a unique thread just for these Ice Divers. I am not typically smitten with blue dials but the Ice Blue Sumo is gorgeous imo. Since I do not have a Willard X the blue versions would get my vote I think. These are beautiful watches.
Watch Analog watch Blue Azure Clock
Watch Analog watch White Light Product
Watch Analog watch White Product Clock
Watch Analog watch Light Product Clock

See less See more
#36 ·
New S series Seikos, all look very nice in shop only purchase, I don't know if that means JDM shops or everywhere.

#46 ·
#49 ·
I held the new GMT in my hand about 5 minutes ago. I have to say that the jubuilee bracelet is the best one I've ever held in my hands. The blue (Batman) looks the best in person to me. I'm definitely passing on the orange one; it doesn't look as solid as the other two. I was that close to buying the blue, but decided to think about it overnight. I'm not really sure if I'm a "GMT" guy =)

<* shark >>><

#50 ·
It seems like more than a few people are buying the new GMT and immediately selling them because they don't like them for one reason or another. One of the reasons I've seen is that "they like their SKX cased watches better." For those who have already purchased them, how do you like them? When I had it in my hands, it seemed like a watch that I would keep if I actually bought it.

<* shark >>><

#52 · (Edited)
It seems like more than a few people are buying the new GMT and immediately selling them because they don't like them for one reason or another. One of the reasons I've seen is that "they like their SKX cased watches better." For those who have already purchased them, how do you like them? When I had it in my hands, it seemed like a watch that I would keep if I actually bought it.

See, I don’t get it, that they like the skx cased variants better, sure we all have preferences. But, what exactly? … because less the water resistance, fat spring bars, and trivial measurement differences, it’s an skx case. This gmt has a better dial, insert, and movement than any skx variant, C’mon.

#51 ·
I have a few movements on their way for dropping into mods (yes extra steps involved no biggie) plus I have a crazy cheap buy coming by sea from Asia.

Larry what's the deal with the bracelet that has you so impressed? If you like it there must be something extra special going on. SELs? Screwed links?

I see it tapers to 18mm.

Seiko wants $100 shipped with tax so it better be something special!

#55 ·
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R, limited to 998 units

- box with the kawasaki name and logo

- watch comes in its own steel case that has the embossed logo

- inside of the case shows the watch with the commemorative steel plate

- under the watch and plate is a slot for the instruction booklet and warranty card

- upclose photo of the watch shows the Ninja on the dial (same image on the plate)

- crown is signed with the Kawasaki logo

my apologies for the bad photos...

<* shark >>><