The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting looking set of three new flavours seen on Yeoman's blog - I haven't seen these elsewhere.

Googling the model numbers gives no (meaningful) results as yet........ scroll down to the 10th May entry, below the big clock picture, at;

http://yeomanseiko.spaces.live.com/blog/cns

UPDATE - I see Yeoman has just added a nice hands-on review with excellent pics and measurements - same link, now above the clock pic.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Re: New Seiko divers for Singapore market??

I really like those, particularly the black and gold, I jsut wish the gold were a brushed finish because from the pictures, it looks polished?

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

I think I saw somewhere else they are calling it the Star Monster.

Pict from yeoman's blog

·
Registered
242 Posts

I like the orange one. I'll have to watch for them after they've been out a while.

andy b.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

I like em, but judging by the distance from the date window to the edge of the case they look BIG.

·
Registered
185 Posts

Ok Ill say it.
These are an abomination.

they make the monster look well more like something wearable.

But hey everyone likes different stuff, if they grab you and you like them great, for me
it is a disaster.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The black one looks almost ok, but that funky bezel kills it for me :-X . If the watch was white I would expect to see it on a stormtrooper's wrist.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Peter the Starfish looks cool although that Tuna would take some getting used to.Not bad overall i suppose.Thanks for taking the time to show these my friend.Neilo ;)

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts

nhoJ said:
I think I saw somewhere else they are calling it the Star Monster.
Oy, another "MONSTER"? Why can't people show a little more creativity when making up nicknames. I swear, ever since the monster came out, every other seiko diver that comes out someone tries to call it a _____________-monster. It's almost as annoying as whenever there is a pilitcal scandal they call it _______-gate. Show some creativity people. Why call it a star monster? That name obviously is referring to the bezel and the monster hands. The thing is that those hands are becoming so ubiquitous that the monster reference on a watch that is so different seems, well, stupid. Was it so hard to call it the Starfish (assuming they are naming it after the bezel), Sea Star or Sand Dollar or some other aquatic star shaped creature? How hard is it to be a little creative?

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
In Yeoman's blog its being called the starfish, which I think is more appropriate to the way it looks.
Starfish it is.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Well.....how about " STARFISH LOCKNESS" ?

The 'lockness' bit is in reference to the monster-like design and hands. Lockness could make a fine reference to the monster adjetive, without actually using it directly.

By the way, it's just ocurred me.....the lockness can be properly substituted by 'godzilla', too, if you see it fitter.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
kmcnyc said:
Ok Ill say it.
These are an abomination.

they make the monster look well more like something wearable.

But hey everyone likes different stuff, if they grab you and you like them great, for me
it is a disaster.
:D :D :D :D :D

Tell us how you really feel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts