The Watch Site banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want the 8L35 movement, now you'll have more choices in addition to the Seiko Prospex Marine Master 300m:

(Scroll down to see the new models):

http://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/bz/phoenix/concept/ph_mecha.php

These new dress/sport models somehow managed to get lost in the shuffle:

SAGQ001:

SAGQ003:

Quickie specs:

Movement: 8L35
Accuracy: +15/-10 secs per day
Weight: 157g
Case thickness: 11.7mm
Retail price: 199,500 JPY or USD $2,151

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
These were announced a while back. There are some pics floating around.

They don't look anywhere near as nice as the old 8l21 Brightz.

A nice watch to wear for a trip to Dullsville. asleep

At least they are nearly a decent size...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but man I think this 003 is pretty sexy in the flesh....much better pics of it on the web yea the crown is a tad large but I do fancy it :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
minidriver said:
Agreed, Dan. Also a tad bit cheaper and more modern looking than the MM300 that uses the same movement. Are you thinking about it?
I would say YES I am seriously thinking about it. ;D It really looks sharp online there are some great shots of it out there! Seiya's got some decent pics of it albeit distorted proportions with his point and shoot.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jbdan said:
I would say YES I am seriously thinking about it. ;D It really looks sharp online there are some great shots of it out there! Seiya's got some decent pics of it albeit distorted proportions with his point and shoot.

Well Dan, I seriously look forward to you getting it. I am sure Higuchi can better Seiya's price on this Brightz Phoenix diver. It is great to have yet another 8L35 option outside of the MM300.

Here is another Brightz Phoenix that I have not been able to get off my mind....

[img]

[img]

It is the SAGH007 6s37 automatic chronograph :-*

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jason_recliner said:
That SAGH is gorgeous, but somehow the 8L35 Brightz models just don't look ike US$2,000 worth of watch to me. :(

Seems to me this Brightz Diver could be one of those watches that don't quite photograph well, but may be stunning in person.

I do, however, agree that the dial and bezel scream USD $200 Seiko 7s26 diver and not USD $2,000 high end Seiko.

I think Seiko should have distanced the Brightz Diver more pricewise with a $1,500 price tag. As it stands now, it is virtually the same cost as the Prospex Marine Master 300m.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts