The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday the Postman came by and dropped off a package... I'm going to miss Saturday deliveries, one less day of suprises! :(

Enjoy:

This Quartz Knight w. bracelet was bought in the US, shipped via reshipper to Singapore. All told, shipping charges shared w/ a few other items, worked out to be US$180, a good deal in my book. Not a bad look this, but I already have a Knight on bracelet...

So I ended up putting it on the rubber strap. Had gotten this for the White Knight, but it really didn't go. This one looks just perfect, but the strap is a tad bit long for my wrist.... thinking about shortening it myself, but first want to find an extra B15, just in case. ;)

Made in Japan 7N36 quartz movement. Notice the 1-second tick of the second hand there.

What to say about this... says battery should be changed in '07? ??? Maybe store did it before shipping it out... Tried to get all the sticky substance off the watch, but some just refused to come off w/o some serious scratching, which I’d rather avoid. It should come off w/ regular wear, I guess.

But it would be remiss of me to introduce this Quartz Knight w/o comparing to my Automatic White Knight!

Must be the angle here, but the two Knights are the exact same size. Note the Black Knight's dial is missing the "Automatic" wording, and has a extra bit of lume next to the date/day window. Otherwise pretty similar. Hard to make out the waffle design on the black in low light, while the White one's just jumps.
8)

Lume-wise, White Knight's is noticably more powerful than the Black one's, though a bit of that could be due to the black outline on the WK's hand's, while the BK has silver on them instead.

Again, lume on the WK's better, but unless you were looking at them together it's not something to dock the BK for; it's lume is still acceptable. But wow @ the WK's, even highlights some of the dial's waffle center.

It's in really bright sunlight where the BK does better than the WK. Looking at the BK's dial you can really make out the waffle, whereas the WK seems to reflect almost too muchin the sun. An even more extreme example is this:

Height-wise, not too much difference here. The Quartz BK is approximately than 7/8's of the Auto WK's height. Speaks well of the Auto Knights' sleekness. The BK wears quite well too, both on bracelet & rubber strap. With the drilled lugs, switching between the two is quite easy, I think I'll do that, just make my choice of shoes every morning. :)

And finally, the classiest shot of the two!

Cheers! And yet again, a big shout out to that crazy Knight evangelist out there! :))

·
Registered
162 Posts
Your are such a HUGE tease........I have been wanting a white for such a long long time :( ......shame--SHAME on you....

Very nice shots. wish i had them!!!!!Envy/Jealousy is rearing its ugly head.... ;D (the green eyed monster) :))

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops! O:) Thanks for the complements, tho. :)

Yes, the Knights are sadly quite hard to find nowadays. Blame Angelis! :p
I was lucky to get if off a nice person who was flipping both the black & white one. Got it for a bit more than I should've paid, but them's the breaks when things get hard to purchase...
Good luck in snatching up your own WK! >:D

·
Registered
772 Posts
Very nice! Those are becoming scarce. Great catch you made. As for the $$ well it is a few$$ but for the quality of the watch its totally worth it.

My Knight trinity salutes your newly arrived ^-^

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very nice cooliend. I've been looking for an automatic Black Knight for a while.

cnycoburn said:
Your are such a HUGE tease........I have been wanting a white for such a long long time :( ......shame--SHAME on you....

Very nice shots. wish i had them!!!!!Envy/Jealousy is rearing its ugly head.... ;D (the green eyed monster) :))
Sorry Cindy ...

·
Registered
28,903 Posts
Mike said:
A little lighter fluid on a paper towel or soft cloth will remove the rest of the sticky stuff. Nice looking watch.

Mike
Also a petroleum distillate product (liquid) branded "Goo Gone" works well. That's taken all the sticky residue off my watchbacks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts