The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a little tidbit taken from Chino's blog some time ago regarding the release of the new Prospex diver:

"Prospex Mechanical, SBDY003 (MSRP 52.500 JPY), SBDY001 (47.250 JPY) both with movement 4R35, in August"

So what are you hoping for with the new watch?

F.Y.I. the retail price for the SBDY003 (black on bracelet, perhaps?) is about $570.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, I get the feeling you and I have got similar tastes in watches. Of course, this is already confirmed by your ownership of that 600m SD Diver. ;)

In terms of the new diver, I'm hoping for basically the same thing. 44+mm without crown, 22mm lugs (preferably only tapering to 20mm), and I'd love it to be dominated by brushed finishing. O0

I'm looking forward to this one even though we know nothing about it.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
I would be interested to know, also, what is this 4r35 movement all about? >:D

could it be the first "budget" hacking/hand winding movement to come out of Seiko in 5 years and positioned right below the 6r15? :)

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I too wonder what this 4r35 is all about. I can't see seiko basically replicating the functions of the 6R. It would surprise me if that's what they do. I wouldn't be surprised if they simply added a complication to the existing 4r's. Hmmmm... I wonder if our guys with access to TMI might be able to get a little info out f them?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isthmus said:
I too wonder what this 4r35 is all about. I can't see seiko basically replicating the functions of the 6R. It would surprise me if that's what they do. I wouldn't be surprised if they simply added a complication to the existing 4r's. Hmmmm... I wonder if our guys with access to TMI might be able to get a little info out f them?
Keep me posted if you hear anything. I'm anxious to hear a bit more about these. ;D

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Isthmus said:

Given the JDM retail prices of these new Prospex divers, I doubt these will come devoid of hacking and hand winding features. One minor complaint regarding the 6r15 is the lack of a day wheel, although its been said that one could technically be fitted to an existing 6r15 (After all, the 6r15 is based on the 7S family).

Could it be that the 4r35 is a "purpose built" mid range movement tailored for dive/sports watches?

Puzzling indeed. The 6r15 is used in dress(SCVS/SARB), dive (Sumo and Ti Sumo-Monster) and sports watches (Alpinist). I am struggling to understand how the 4r35 will fit in there unless, seiko wants to keep the 6r15 exclusively for dress watch duty (But that doesn't make sense).

Another thing, the 6r15 is mostly a JDM caliber. Is there a possibility the 4r35 be also intended for export markets?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I'm a simple man, and I would love to see Seiko put some coke or pepsi inserts on some of their Prospex line divers. Also, how about a diver that had a contrasting mixture of PVD, gunmetal, and brushed parts?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Time said:
You mean like this beauty? 8)
The SKA427P1 is totally black:

[/center]

If it was up to me the new diver would be hackable, hand-windable, could have day (if it had date it would be good enough) and would have an all-black PVD 44 mm case with matching bracelet (24 mm tapering to 22 mm). [IMG].​

·
Registered
110 Posts
If they didn't already announce the automatic movement and all, I would be eager to see a modern seiko ana digi diver. Kind of like an improved arnold/tuna can style shrouded ana-digi OR maybe Breitling B1 style watch. Alarms, timer, countdown timer, etc. I'm thinking of a Marinemaster Ana-digi. Aqua lands come close...but I'd want a seiko style timing bezel.

pictures from amazon

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Time to revive this thread......

We are only 1 week away from August 2010 and not a word yet on these all new Prospex mechanical 4R35 divers due to debut soon.

Anyone has any tid bits of info to share about the SBDY001/003 divers? ???

Are these "Sumo Lites" ???

Inquiring minds want to know.

PS: Equally intrigued about the new 4R35 movement >:D

·
Registered
444 Posts
As long as nobody knows anything yet and we're just wishing, I'd like to suggest a revival of this, with the same dimensions, 200M water resistance and unidirectional bezel. Everything else can stay the same as the original. ;-)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts