The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I could not control myself again when I saw this one. A 6117 6419 Navigator Timer. I have seen a couple and I always like them but they were typically a bit pricey. I don't know a whole lot about them but something told me not to pass this one by so I bought it. I love the dial on it and it is pretty nice shape and runs well. So what do you all think?

·
Registered
579 Posts
It sure looks nice to me. I Can't tell if the crystal is scratched or cracked, but if only scratched, get some polywatch and go to work.

I own one of these and agree that the dial is fantastic. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sure looks nice to me. I Can't tell if the crystal is scratched or cracked, but if only scratched, get some polywatch and go to work.

I own one of these and agree that the dial is fantastic. Enjoy!!
I have always had a soft spot for the more colorful Seiko's. The acrylic crystal is scratched but it is deep. I have an NOS Seiko Crystal in my crystal stash so it will still be all Seiko. I was also sorting through some of my spare dials today and believe it or not I have one of these dials. I always wondered what it fit. The dial is small because the inner bezel is so huge. This watch came from an estate. The man said his dad bought it new he also had another 1980's Seiko 5 watch in good shape so I grabbed them both. I think I want to find a band that looks a little more vintage for it. The Seiko 5 has a band on it that has Rolex engraved in the clasp. Now wouldn't that be sweet if that band was a real Rolex band and not a fake one!

Michael

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Very nice Michael, I've been looking at those as well, but like you I usually have found them a bit pricey, must keep on looking. ;)

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Been wearing mine today, still looking for an original bracelet or end links for it though

Sent via t'interweb thingy using magic n stuff....

·
Registered
912 Posts
Very nice all of you!

I too love the style of these watches, I've had a couple of really nice ones. But of course I sold them. I'm starting to wonder why I always do that. Anyway.

Andy - what Bracelet have you got? Fingers crossed for you it's the H-link one like Tigers, top left on his world timer..........

:)

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Very nice all of you!

I too love the style of these watches, I've had a couple of really nice ones. But of course I sold them. I'm starting to wonder why I always do that. Anyway.

Andy - what Bracelet have you got? Fingers crossed for you it's the H-link one like Tigers, top left on his world timer..........

:)

Hi tom

Mine came without a bracelet, the one that's on it is just one from the spares box.

I'd love to put a proper original bracelet on it but haven't been able to find one on the bay yet plus I have a WTB on the sales forum. But no luck yet.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks great! This watch was the first Seiko I ever bought. I was in the Air Force at the time and bought it at the BX. It was 1974 and I paid around $60.00 for it. I still have it, although it's in pretty rough shape. Been thinking about having it restored. Your thread just reminded me... Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hi tom

Mine came without a bracelet, the one that's on it is just one from the spares box.

I'd love to put a proper original bracelet on it but haven't been able to find one on the bay yet plus I have a WTB on the sales forum. But no luck yet.

Well I have the end links for you!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow I did not know this model had so many fans. I always like this watch because of the wild colors.
I like the real early world timers but not enough to pay the asking prices most go for. If I am going to spend that kind of money on a old Seiko it will always be a diver model. Now I have to see if I have the chops to let go of the kind of cash needed to procure a 6215-7000. I want one sooooo bad. maybe if I can stop buying and sell off about 30 watches I could fund one? I am going to enjoy wearing this watch.
The one I bought has a cheap band on it. I am not so fussy that I need the exact bracelet but I do want a bracelet from that time period.
I actually prefer the bracelet in Tom's picture of the one on the top right of the picture myself. I have a couple of the bracelets stashed somewhere. I am not a big fan of the H style. The bead of rice bracelet looks pretty nice also and I have several of them stashed that I will only put on my very favorite watches. I have noticed the bead of rice bracelets seem to wear very comfortably they are not hair pluckers and they have a beautiful look. I am very happy so see others like this watch as much as I do. I often like the weird ones that many others do not like.

Michael

·
Registered
159 Posts
navigator Timer

I too am a big fan for the Navigator, I have one with the H link Bracelet, and from my research ive come to the conclusion that this bracelet was an original fit to this model (as well as the railroad link bracelet), can anyone out there confirm my understanding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts