The Watch Site banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

I would like to ask for your know-how on a matter.

I would like to buy a 6105-8110, and I am not a fan of the "old faded, no Lumen" look, So i would want a new dial and hands for it. I would naturally save the original parts, but for me, the "engine" is the important thing.

So when choosing new parts, there are good quality parts and "i am sure" bad quality parts.

Can you tell me which parts to go for, when the time comes ?

Many thanks, and have a great Sunday,

Peter

·
Registered
6,773 Posts
well if it were me..i would try and find some nos parts...but they will be very hard to find...harold on here has some of the nicest non nos parts i have ever seen..very high quality...you have a great quality watch..cant wait to see some pics of it too..good luck on your search..

·
Administrator
33,856 Posts
In your shoes I would perhaps pick up an original spare dial and set of hands and have them relumed ? imo that approach would be better than fitting after market but thats JMO :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I would only add that lots of changes can be undone at a later date so maybe an after market dial until such a time that you find a good original maybe to re-lume. At least you have the watch in a usable state instead of on the bench.
However I'd say the slightly more expensive dial from ebayer Seikosis is the way to go best am dial by far.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok guys, thanks for the input :)

I am inclined to do as skg7548 and TheTigerUK suggested and go aftermarket until i have had the original re-done :)

But first i need to save up money and find a 6105-8110 to buy ;-)

Could i trouble you for some links to the people you have named ?

Seikosis and harold ?

Best Regards,

Peter

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
ok guys, thanks for the input :)

I am inclined to do as skg7548 and TheTigerUK suggested and go aftermarket until i have had the original re-done :)

But first i need to save up money and find a 6105-8110 to buy ;-)

Could i trouble you for some links to the people you have named ?

Seikosis and harold ?

Best Regards,

Peter
Do a seller search on ebay for seikosis
and a google search for yobokies (harold)

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Nothing Wrong there ..........

Just a direction to what is asked about. That's a very helpful
move to direct someone looking for something. And it looks
like just what he is looking for and possibly can use.

SKG7548
Thanks for the possible Answer and Direction toward his Findings.
I see your point.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am now in contact will Harold, and have asked him if he can fix one up for me :)

We will se where this goes :)

Best, peter

·
Registered
460 Posts
Seiko

Hi folks.

I would like to ask for your know-how on a matter.

I would like to buy a 6105-8110, and I am not a fan of the "old faded, no Lumen" look, So i would want a new dial and hands for it. I would naturally save the original parts, but for me, the "engine" is the important thing.

So when choosing new parts, there are good quality parts and "i am sure" bad quality parts.

Can you tell me which parts to go for, when the time comes ?

Many thanks, and have a great Sunday,

Peter

One good approach is to find one in very good condition so that you need not worry about restoration...

·
Registered
912 Posts
One good approach is to find one in very good condition so that you need not worry about restoration...
My thoughts too...if you haven't brought it yet why worry about getting AM dials and stuff...Don't waste your money, just do the research and buy the right thing first time!?

T

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Agree with the 'consider doing it the opposite way' crowd - find a watch with an original dial and handset you like, and go from there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts