The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;) Hi guys its been a good couple of weeks since i adorned the forum,been busy at work and had relatives over from Down Under.Namely my Nephew who is 21yrs old.Been a lot of years since i have seen him so the forum had to be missed im afraid until he went home.The only thing i was concerned on his arrival was that he was wearing a copy Patek Phillipe he had bought in Thailand and paid over £100 for it???
If only he knew what he could of got in the Seiko/Citizen range for that......Takes allsorts i suppose.

Anyway thats what ive been up to and being its a new Month and the 1st i thought i would get the ball rolling on what im and have been wearing for the past couple of weeks in my abscence.

Had my Orient Star 2oo Revo on

Attachments

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,745 Posts
Ted said:
Cool Vostok! I didn't know they made them with the GMT hand. Picked up my first one a few weeks ago at a thrift store for the whopping price of $10. It still had the original rubber strap, which was WAY too tight for me, so switched it to a grey Maratac Zulu

[/quote]

That's a heckuva deal! Mine is a Vostok Europe, aka VE. 31j auto/hand-wind non-hacking. As I understand it, VE is located in Vilnius, Lithuania. They use Vostok movements from the old Factory #1 in Moscow and maybe other sources and case them in Vilnius.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Just arrived from Noah/JakeB....the Tsunami MIL version dial! installed my spare 22m grey German flight jacket goatskin leather strap, as the bracelet will have to be resized....AMAZING..understated fit and finish, comfy as the original 6309s I had....no crown digging into the hand.....well balanced on the 22mm strap....for sure a Classic in the future for me!
SharkmanDave has already reviewed his basic version...no need to cover that ground. I chose the sterile back to go along with the MIL idea....
:))

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
thianwong said:
Just arrived from Noah/JakeB....the Tsunami MIL version dial! installed my spare 22m grey German flight jacket goatskin leather strap, as the bracelet will have to be resized....AMAZING..understated fit and finish, comfy as the original 6309s I had....no crown digging into the hand.....well balanced on the 22mm strap....for sure a Classic in the future for me!
SharkmanDave has already reviewed his basic version...no need to cover that ground. I chose the sterile back to go along with the MIL idea....
Looks great Thian, big congrats on this one. ;)

Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
711 Posts
Congrats Thian!

A heritage keeper for sure!

Lexcalibre.....

thianwong said:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
A day late.. But this arrived today.. Orient Star auto with hacking and handwinding..

Specs:

Model Orient Star Classic WZ0111EL
Orient Automatic Movement.
Handwinding and Hacking.
Accuracy: +25 to -15 seconds daily
Sapphire Crystal with A.R. inner coating
See-thru screw down caseback
40mm diameter without crown
12.5mm thick
110gms in weight
100m water resistance
40 hours power reserve
Date Window
Power Reserve Feature
Luminous Hands and indexes
Stainless Steel Case with Rose Gold IP (plating)
Leather Padded Strap with rose gold IP buckle

Cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts